• Chapter One •

Start from the beginning

"So, we gonna spar or actually fight this time?" Someone spoke, and an excited energy zipped through the clearing. Darren rolled his eyes as he turned and disappeared into the Alpha's House. The sound of the door closing seemed to make everyone erupt.

"I say we fight, I'm tired of toying with Ace." Another warrior responded, and immediately Ace jumped in and said, "Hey, you can never beat me anyway!"

"The Enforcers should go against one of us!" Someone else said.

Elijah snorted, "I can beat you all in like two minutes flat, wanna rethink that?" The other three Enforcers nodded in agreement, equally amused.

The warriors laughed, "Absolutely not, show us what you got, Eli."

"Alright!" Cassius silenced the warriors beginning to argue with each other, and he glanced down at Reeve that had a look on her face that suggested she wanted to roll her eyes; he chuckled, "We'll meet by the river in ten. The first six wolves to get their first can vote on sparring or fighting."

Instantly, the warriors were shedding their human skin for their fur, and wolves sprinted into the woods. It was quiet once the yard cleared and the only remaining wolves were Reeve and Ralf.

"That worked better than I ex--" Cassius cut himself off, rolling his eyes dramatically, "Oh, don't give me that look Ralf, you knew this was going to happen as soon as they crossed the border." He raised his arm, pointing in the direction the jeep had gone, and Ralf shook his head with an unreadable expression.

Reeve watched in amusement as the two argued, one shielding himself with words and the other revealing himself with silence. It was almost like watching a different language, the two wolves knowing each other well. Eventually, Reeve got up and left the porch.

"Hey, where are you going?" Cassius shouted after the she-wolf but she had already disappeared into the woods, and he sighed, "Great. You gonna this time?"

Ralf eyed the Gamma for a moment, trying to appear like he was contemplating making him walk the whole mile to the river, but Cassius knew he wouldn't. Ralf gave no response but his massive body merged into that of a huge black wolf with a few scruffs of brown here and there.

Ten minutes later, Cassius arrived to a scene of chaos. A grin spread across his face as his feet hit solid ground. The warriors argued with each other, some in human form with basketball shorts on, and others in their wolves forms. He spotted Reeve laying by the base of a tree a few feet off, and the look of disinterest on her face amused him to no end.

It didn't take long for Cassius to instill rules, and then the warriors formed a circle. The first two contestants going against each other stepped into the make shift ring, and Cassius stood in the middle, eagerly waving a handkerchief, but once the material hit the dirt, the match began.

The warriors fought with each other in a more aggressive manner than they did sparring, but it was still friendly. They would go against each other human to human, then wolf to wolf, and when they really wanted a challenge, wolf to human. They drew some blood occasionally just to jostle each other.

The Enforcers took the lead in strength as there was shoving and laughing, betting and hollering. It was an overall good time between the members, exploring each others strengths and weaknesses in battle form and learning new techniques.

They tried to bribe Reeve into going against one of them but she refused to get involved as Ralf always sat a few paces behind her. Together, they kept a keen eye on their surroundings while their fellow pack mates goofed off and the clear blue sky above the blooming forest canopy began to darken with heavy clouds.