Chapter Twelve: Welcome to Detroit pt 2

Ailsa POV

Detroit has been a massive step backwards in the sense, EJ is now nowhere to be found. Plus to make things even worse the original purpose Shauna and I are even here; Shauna coming home for her birthday and having fun has been thwarted by not just him, but by me too. My biting her has left her bed ridden every since we landed a few days ago.

I'm not even 100 percent sure if she's ok with being turned. I always wanted her to turn but only if she really wanted to and definitely on her own terms. All I can hope for now is her just being healthy and happy. She deserves that especially since she didn't get to choose.

Chèe, Shauna and I are in bed watching the tube. Shauna and I are cuddling, she has her head on my chest. When I have a breakthrough."You know what? Fuck this! He wants to be a bitch and hide out. I'll bite."

Shauna coughs. "Baby what are you talking about?", Shauna leans back to look me in the eyes. She has a confused looked on her face. "EJ.", I say. "Ok now what are you saying about him?", she asks. "I'm going after him.", I repeat even more sure about what I said the second time around.

"By yourself?" "More than likely.", I say. "Are you fucking nuts?, she damn near yells. "There's no telling what he's doing. There has to be a reason on why he's so quiet. It's no telling what he and Kristoff are planning."

She adds, "It's probably best to let Dylan weed out the mole first. Why are you trying to go by yourself? You don't know the city how can you possibly know where to look?" She's making perfect sense. But I'm so irritated she might as well talk to a brick wall. I think she realizes that because I hear her sigh.

"Ok ok, just don't go alone, please.", she begs. " I'll just say this even though I know you won't listen. You don't know the city at all. I think this is a really bad idea.""No I don't know the city you're right. You're the only person who does.", I agree.

I then tip her chin to make sure she's looking me directly in my eyes."But you're not strong enough to fight. So you need as much protection as possible. That's why I wanted to go alone.", I explain. "I could live with myself if something happened to you while I was out with the pack.", I say.

"Ok so how do I live without you if something happens to you because you DIDN'T have the pack? Do you think I can live with myself knowing you got injured or killed because the entire pack was with me. You're pissed I get it, so am I. But think straight baby.

"A suicide mission doesn't help any of us. Split up the pack, ok? I'm physically weak, right now. But I'm not helpless. I don't need everyone surrounding me. I'm putting my faith in you to come back to me. Put your faith in me and the rest of the pack. I don't need everyone. Ok Alpha." I kiss her forehead. "Ok, Luna", I respond.

In the morning I stir and kiss Chèe and Shauna each on their foreheads. I wake Dani and quickly put a finger to my lips as to say quiet. Dani insisted on sleeping on the couch to keep an eye on Shauna. We both go to the guys rooms to wake them as well. I put on a pot of coffee as we all sit in Anther and Daniel's room. "Ok, I'm going after EJ.", I say point blank. "When?", Luke asks. "Immediately. I just want to get a plan together. We also need to inform Dylan and have a group chat.", I explain.

Once Dyl is on the line, I put out my idea. "He's hiding for a reason I want to know why.", I say. "Um...don't we want him dead? That might be the main reason.", Dani says. I nod. "Yeah we definitely do. But if that's the case why say he'll be waiting?"

Everyone in the room just shrugs. "Ok but what's the actual plan then if you're going after him?", Dylan asks. "Only thing that's certain, is we're splitting up.", I explain. Detroit was supposed to be a breather now. Has officially become a hunt and kill of EJ.