Seabrook | 1x03: Young Hearts, Act 2 Scene 3

Act 2 Scene 3

Fade In

INT. SEABROOK - BASEBALL DIAMOND - NIGHT

After some time, Dylan arrived at the diamond, ready for the game. Once he arrived, everyone got in their positions. Addison entered the catcher's box, Lacey stood on the pitcher's mound, Stacey took her spot behind first base, Eliza slid behind her spot behind second base, and Bree claimed her place behind third base. Bucky stepped up to bat and got into position. Lacey eyed him, taking in the sight of his cocky smile. She took a deep breath, wound her arm, and threw a fast ball. Bucky, unprepared for the velocity of the ball, quickly jumped back; allowing Addison to catch it.

ADDISON
Strike one!
(Throws the ball back to Lacey)

LACEY
(Catches the ball and shakes her hand)
Ouch, nice throw Addie. Maybe you should be pitcher instead.

ADDISON
(Blushes)
Thanks

BUCKY
Hey that's cheating. She can't throw the ball that fast. I barely seen it coming

ADDISON
(Rolls her eyes)
That's strike one, Bucky. Would you care to try and get another strike?

BUCKY
(Sighs)

ADDISON
I thought so

LACEY
Well if you can barely see the ball then you shouldn't blink
(Wounds her arm back and throws the ball)

BUCKY
(Swings and misses)

ADDISON
(Catches the ball)
Strike two!

BUCKY
(Grits his teeth)

ADDISON
(Throws the ball to Lacey)

LACEY
(Catches the ball and looks at Bucky)
Still think you're going to win this ?

BUCKY
Stop talking and pitch

LACEY
Alright, you asked for it
(Wounds her arm back and throws the ball)

BUCKY
(Waits a few seconds then Swings his bat)

A loud crack is heard as Bucky hits the ball as hard as he can. It soars high in the sky and just as Eliza, Stacey, and Bree try to catch it, Bucky drops his bat and sprints past first and second bases.

ZED
Yes! Come on Bucky!

TRACEY
Give us the first home run of the night!

DYLAN
Don't slow down!

BONZO
Go Bucky!

Everyone paused what they were doing and looked at Bonzo. Total shock evident on everyone's face. Bucky quickly made a home run and joined everyone else. Bonzo looked around at his friends, confusion written all over his face.