Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Act 2 Scene 2

Act 2 Scene 2

Fade In

INT. ZOMBIETOWN - INT. ELIZA'S HOUSE - SAME

ELIZA
(Sighs and types something on Bucky's laptop)

BUCKY
(Watches her)

ELIZA
You really need to stop downloading these illegal games. Not only are you going to get in trouble but your laptop will eventually just stop working. For real this time.

BUCKY
Uh huh

ELIZA
(Stops typing and looks up at him)
Bucky! Are you even paying attention to me?

BUCKY
Uh yeah, yeah, you said stop downloading illegal games.

ELIZA
(Nods)
What are you staring at? Is there something on my face?

BUCKY
Only your beauty

ELIZA
What are you doing?

BUCKY
(Sighs)
That was suppose to be in my head only.

ELIZA
Well it wasn't.

BUCKY
I noticed, well, I guess, there's no hiding it anymore.

ELIZA
Hiding what?

BUCKY
Okay, look, I know I haven't been exactly nice to Zombies when you guys first came to SeaBrook High.

ELIZA
Exactly nice? It's only been a couple of weeks since that whole fiasco at the homecoming game.

BUCKY
Riiight, you're right.

ELIZA
(Nods)

BUCKY
I was horrible to you guys. And I can admit that. And I can also admit that I was wrong to treat you that way. I will never be able to understand the pain I put you through.

ELIZA
(Looks down)
You're right you won't be able to understand it. It's an excruciating feeling of hurt that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Not even my worst enemy.

BUCKY
I can understand that. The guilt I feel is so unreal. I've never felt so horrible for something, not because you made me feel bad but because you're genuinely an amazing person. You're smart, creative, talented, beautiful, and all around wonderful.

ELIZA
(Looks up at him)
You really think I'm beautiful?

BUCKY
(Laughs)
Are you kidding me? Why do you think I'm always purposely breaking my laptop? You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life, Eliza. Inside and out.

ELIZA
(Blushes and looks down)

BUCKY
I guess what I'm trying to say, besides that you're beautiful, is I like you. I like you a lot.

ELIZA
(Looks up)
What?

BUCKY
I like you. You challenge me, you make me feel like I'm just a person instead of Bucky the cheer star, but most importantly, you let me be myself. In the short time that we've been hanging out—

ELIZA
Uh I wouldn't call you purposely breaking your laptop and having a conversation with me while I fix it, hanging out.

BUCKY
(Chuckles)
Whatever, but in the short time that we've really known each other, I've told you things that I haven't told anyone else. You think everyone knows that I accidentally glued my butt to the toilet the first day of kindergarten?

ELIZA
(Laughs)
I'm still trying to figure out how.

BUCKY
(Laughs and Shrugs)
I have no idea, I think I thought it would be cool to trace the letter B on the back of my pants in glue.

ELIZA
In what world would that be considered cool?

BUCKY
Hey, leave me alone I was a kid.

ELIZA
(Giggles)

BUCKY
(Smiles)
I love your laugh.

ELIZA
(Smiles and moves a piece of hair from in front of her face)

BUCKY
Would you want to do something tomorrow?

ELIZA
Do something like what?

BUCKY
Well let me make this clear from the beginning that I'm asking you out on a date. And whatever you want to do, the sky's the limit.

ELIZA
Wow, okay.

BUCKY
Really?

ELIZA
Yeah, I mean, I never really thought about dating a human before but you can't control who you click with. Look at Zed and Addison. So, yeah, I'm in. I have a good time with you, even if we are just talking while I fix something you purposely broke.

BUCKY
(Laughs)
You're never going to forget that, are you?

ELIZA
(Laughs)
Absolutely not, how many girls can say a guy broke things, really expensive things, just to get close to them?

BUCKY
Not too many, but how many guys can say that they have a date with the most beautiful girl in the world?

ELIZA
(Blushes and looks down)
Stop, you're making me feel all girly

BUCKY
(Laughs)
It's cute though.

ELIZA
(Looks up at him and smiles)
Zed's going to have a field day.

BUCKY
Why?

ELIZA
He's always saying that we like each other and I'm always denying it.

BUCKY
(Nods)
Same with Addison. She's been saying it nonstop for like a week now.

ELIZA
See, they belong together.

BUCKY
Like we belong together.

ELIZA
(Looks at him)
You're right.
(Leans forward and kisses him)

Fade Out