Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Act 1 Scene 2

Act 1 Scene 2

Fade In

INT. ADDISON'S KITCHEN - MORNING - KITCHEN TABLE

MISSY
So, honey are you excited for your big date in Zombietown?

BREE
(Glances at Addison)

ADDISON
Are you kidding, I couldn't even sleep last night. Excitement isn't the word, it's more like, anxious.

BREE
(Giggles)

MISSY
(Smiles)
I'm glad you're happy. And Zed is a nice boy, even if he is a zombie. Oops, you'll have to forgive me, I'm still getting use to the idea. Let's just pretend that I ended my sentence with Zed is a nice boy.

ADDISON
I'm just happy you're giving him a chance. It's okay if you mess up here and there, we're all still learning.

BREE
(Nods)

MISSY
(Smiles)
How did I end up with such a kind hearted daughter?

ADDISON
(Giggles)
You were just lucky I guess.

MISSY
(Looks at Bree)
Will you be going to ZombieTown too?

BREE
(Shakes her head)
Unfortunately my parents still aren't too happy about humans interacting with zombies. My father especially.

MISSY
Why is that?

ADDISON
Yeah, I was meaning to ask you the same thing.

BREE
(Sighs)
Fifty years ago, the explosion separated my family. My grandfather worked at the factory and when the explosion happened, he was turned into a zombie. He tried to go home to my grandmother but humans became scared and tried to attack him as he made his way home. When he finally did make it home, he was starving. He tried to eat my grandmother's brain but he held back at the last minute. My grandmother says that she had never seen him struggle with something within his self so hard and although she forgave him, he chose to leave in order to protect her and my dad. No one has seen him since.

ADDISON
Oh my god Bree, I had no idea.
(Hugs her)
I'm so sorry, that must have been tough for your grandmother and father to go through.

MISSY
(Hugs both girls)

BREE
I'm fine really I am. Although, I do sometimes wonder if my grandfather is still alive and if he misses my grandmother and my dad.

ADDISON
(Looks at her and gasps)
I have the perfect idea.

BREE
What?

MISSY
What?

ADDISON
(Shakes her head)
Nope it'll be a surprise.

BREE
Ooh I love surprises.

ADDISON
I do too.

DALE (O.S.)
Honey, have you seen my patrol uniform? I'm suppose to be trading it in for a police uniform today.

MISSY
Let me go help your father. Then we'll talk about what you're going to be wearing on your date with Zed.

ADDISON
I was thinking a pink cardigan, pink skirt, and white knee high stockings. You know, the usual.

MISSY
Well, the town is expanding its horizons so why don't you. Wear something besides Pink, Blue, or Green. Ooh, there's this outfit in my closet that I secretly bought for you during your seventh year in cheer camp. It's black and silver, go check it out. I think it's behind my wedding dress.

ADDISON
Really?

MISSY
(Nods and goes upstairs)

ADDISON
(Squeals)
Okay, come on Bree.
(Grabs Bree's hand and skips upstairs)

INT. ADDISON'S PARENTS' BEDROOM - SAME

ADDISON
(Opens the closet and walks inside)

BREE
(Follows behind her)

ADDISON
(Moves aside some of her mom's outfits and grabs a hanger)
I think this is it.

BREE
(Looks at it)
Why is there a trash bag covering it? Are you sure that's it?

ADDISON
(Shrugs and pulls the hanger out)
It looks long enough to be a dress.
(Tosses the hanger on her parents' bed and rips the trash bag off it)

BREE
(Gasps)
Oh my—

ADDISON
Gosh! It's beautiful.

BREE
It looks like something a princess would wear. Look at the elegant design, the beautiful silver jewels.

ADDISON
(Stares at the dress in awe)

BREE
(Looks over at her)
Addie, are you okay, Addie?

ADDISON
(Nods)
Yes I'm fine, I just can't wait to put this on. I can't believe my mom bought this for me. And since I get to wear it on my date with Zed, it makes it that much more special.

BREE
(Giggles)
Well what are you waiting for? You'd better get in that bathroom and get ready, the time is slowly ticking away.

ADDISON
You're right.
(Grabs the dress and runs to the bathroom)

MISSY (O.S.)
Are you sure you didn't burn your uniform when you were burning all those anti zombie signs, Dale?

Fade Out

Addison's dress 💚💖

Addison's dress 💚💖