Seabrook | 1x02: Rivals, Act 3 Scene 3

Act 3 Scene 3

Fade In

INT. SEABROOK - TOWN HALL - SAME

Mayor Missy looks around at the crowd nervously. There hasn't been a single sound since she announced her brilliant plan. After a few more moments of utter silence, her sister in law, Kathleen stood up from her seat.

KATHLEEN
Missy, you and Dale don't have to pay for this expensive relocation yourselves, we volunteer to help pay as well

MISSY
(Gasps)
Really?

KATHLEEN
Of course. It's a wonderful idea

An Asian man with hair similar to Tracey's stands as well.

MAN
We'd also like to help pay

MISSY
(Looks at him and smiles)
Thank you Ronald

Before long a representative from every family in SeaBrook has stood and offered to help pay for the relocations of everyone. The kids look astonished as they watch an act of true kindness.

MISSY
Citizens you have no idea how proud I am. For today, we are one. Today, we are united. I was so worried about how you all would feel but to hear that you support the decision and will actually help as much as you can, that's something that warms my heart. As I said, it will be effective immediately and with permission from our council, I'd like to cancel school for the week to get this done. Are there any objections?
(Looks around)
No? Okay. So we'll start tomorrow morning with my family, if any other families would like to volunteer to go first with us, they are free to sign up. After tomorrow, Monday morning, the relocations will take place in alphabetical order.

A lone hand goes up in the back row.

MISSY
(Sees the hand and points)
Yes, you

MAN
(Stands)
Hi mayor Missy with school being canceled for the week to make this transition as quickly as possible, shouldn't all work places be closed as well?

MISSY
You make a very good point Daniel. Well, all who oppose the week break from work please speak now.
(Looks around)
No one? Perfect then it's settled. This meeting is adjourned for now, but please be sure to see my secretaries to learn more about when your family will be moving and to donate. Thank you all for your time.

Applauds

MISSY
(Steps down from the stage and walks over to Addison and her friends)

ADDISON
Mom you were incredible out there.

ZED
Yeah, Mayor Wells you were amazing. Thank you.

MISSY
Don't thank me for what needed to be done Zed.
(Looks at Eliza)
How are you holding up sweetheart?

ELIZA
I'm doing okay. Thank you for asking.

MISSY
(Smiles)
I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Addie sweetheart as you know we will be going first; anyone you would like to live next door to?