Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Act 1 Scene 3

Act 1 Scene 3

Fade In

INT. ZOMBIETOWN - EXT. ZED'S HOUSE - SAME

ZED
(Dips his hand into the bucket filled with soapy water and begins scrubbing the word zombies off his wall)

ELIZA
(Walks out her house and crosses the street)
Hey, there he is. Mr. I'm too excited to sleep because I have my first date with Addison so I'm going to keep my best friends up all night.

A bird flys over their heads as Eliza gets closer to Zed. Meet ELIZA (14) Revolutionist, Zombie, Tech head, kind, and witty. Has known Zed for quite some time.

ZED
(Chuckles)
Hey, give me some credit. I did finally let you guys go to sleep.

ELIZA
Yeah, about two and a half hours ago.
(Looks at the wall and shakes her head)
Someone got your house again, huh?

ZED
(Looks at the wall and shrugs)
Yeah, but at least we know it's not the kids of SeaBrook anymore.

ELIZA
That doesn't make it any less painful
(Grabs another sponge out the bucket and helps Zed)

ZED
Thanks.

ELIZA
What are friends for?

ZED
That's true. I'm sorry for keeping you and Bonzo up last night.

ELIZA
It's cool, we know you're just excited. She is your first girlfriend, ya know.

ZED
Shh, don't say girlfriend out loud. She's not my girlfriend yet.

ELIZA
Please, you two can never stay away from each other and you make goo goo eyes at each other all the time. She's your girlfriend.

ZED
Don't jinx me, I'm going to ask her to officially be my girlfriend tonight.

ELIZA
Ooh, I wanna be there

ZED
Why?

ELIZA
So I can take pictures, duh.
(Pulls out a camera and smiles)
Nice huh? Bucky got it for me.

ZED
Bucky bought you a camera?

ELIZA
Yeah. To apologize for having Stacey, Lacey, and Tracey, hack my laptop.

ZED
(Snickers)
I think he's apologizing for being a jerk to a pretty girl. I think it's because he likes you.

ELIZA
He does not.

ZED
How can you be so sure?

ELIZA
He doesn't even look interested in me, that's how I can be so sure.

ZED
He looks pretty interested to me, every since the block party he's found some excuse to talk to you. He even took the battery out of his laptop and told you that it just wouldn't turn on.