Gone.

The clock struck midnight and I suddenly jerked myself from where I was. I had been staring at the clock since forever and it was exactly 1 hour without Serena.

But it feels like an infinity.

I still couldn't come into proper senses. It was as if everything was a nightmare that would disintegrate any minute. And I was waiting for that nightmare to wake me.

But it seemed so real. So lucid.

She was gone.

Gone.

Forever.

'I will leave someday, very soon. But I can't tell you when...'

She left me. Yes. Just like that.

"I will be a wind that passes by, Adrian." Her words rang in my head at a distance, "I can't be anything more and I don't want to break your heart."

She was indecisively wrong.

She promised me that she would be a wind. Only a wind that passes me.

But she was a Hurricane, a wrecking gale that uprooted deeper roots.

She promised me that she wouldn't break my heart.

But she broke her promise.

No one had ever left me this sore. This unhappy.

The way her beautiful eyes turned bulbous against her big dissatisfying words she yelled at me, I was hurt every time I recalled it.

'Fuck you too, Adrian.'

The words did not hurt me. It was the person who said them hurt me the most.

She was unpredictable. I didn't know what I did to deserve this. I only kissed Ana because of a damn play and only because the damn teacher forced me to. I did not feel guilty kissing a girl for drama.

It was true that I belonged to her.
But sometimes there are things I couldn't avoid.

And for crying out aloud, I would never cheat on her.

Still, she was hurt by what I had to do.

But I was not at fault.

I didn't hurt her.

She shouldn't have left.

It was all her fault.

When she realizes that, she will come back.

Til then, I'll wait.

Serena

"Holy crap, Little Miss Unreadable, What are you doing here?"

The night club was crowded as usual. The disco lights were glaring my vision as I sheepishly made myself to nowhere.

There was not a single place I was welcome. I couldn't face Adrian again. I yelled at him. I said bad things to him. Blamed him.