Season Three: Visionary

"They were there two days," Cora says.

After everything that happened with Boyd that night Derek's been MIA. He told me that he needed time and I gave it to him. No one has seen him since.

Stiles and I are at the loft, listening to Cora as she tells us about a time Derek and Peter hid form hunters.

"Waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us." She says. "Hide and heal."

"Okay. So is two days standard than or are we thinking Derek's on some extended getaway?" Stiles says.

"He just needs more time." I speak up. "Besides, he would've brought me on the getway."

"Why do you care?" Cora asks Stiles.

"Why do I care?" Stiles repeats. "Let's see because over the last few weeks, my best friend has tried to kill himself. His boss almost got ritually sacrificed.

A girl that I've known since I was three was ritual sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas. I-want me to keep going? Cause I can, alright. For like an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" I ask from my place on his bed.

"Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, ya." Stiles answers

"I don't know," Cora says. "There's something different about him. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like."

"A lot like Scott, actually." The voice of Peter Hale says as he walks down the stairs. "A lot like most teenagers. Barely romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable to only teenagers."

"So what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asks.

"The same thing that causes a lot of young men to change: a girl."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

I stand up and walk over to the desk while Peter talks.

"Do you remember Derek before he was an Alpha? How he had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

Stiles shakes his head.

"I just always thought it was a genetic thing." He says.

"If you wanna know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes." Peter says.

Peter than tells us how Derek and this girlfriend met.

______________

"Okay, so Derek was a sophomore back then. How old was he? How old were you?" Stiles asks Peter who is now sitting on the couch.

Cora's sitting on the desk and I'm sitting to the right of her while Stiles is sitting on a chair.

"How old are you now?" Stiles adds

"Not as old as we could've been. But not as young as you might think." Peter responds.

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague." Stiles turns to Cora. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen." She simply answers.

Stiles turns to Peter and says,

"You see, now that's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well seventeen how you measure in years." Cora adds.

"I'm just gonna drop it. Wait, how old's Derek?" Stiles asks me.