Season One: Formality

"Aren't they beautiful?" Kate asks.

"They?" Allison says.

Kate turns the light so it's on me. Derek let's out a low warning growl.

"Tessa?" Allison says

"You know her?" Kate asks.

"She's my friend."

"Not anymore."

She walks over to the table and turns a switch. I than feel bolts of electricity surge throughout my body. Derek and I scream out in agonizing pain. Never have I ever felt this pain before.

"What are you doing to them?" Allison asks. "Isn't that going to kill them?"

"Oh come one kiddo, don't get all ethical on me now."

"What are they?"

"Shape shifters, Lycons, Werewolves. To me, they're just another dumb animal."

She walks up to Derek, who has a scowl on his face. She sticks her fingers into his mouth, ew, and lifts up his gums.

"Come here...You see these? They're called canines. Also known as fangs. Made for the tearing, ripping of the flesh. Not something you find on the cute eating herbivores are they?"

"This is a joke to you?"

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?"

"So it was him at the high school? And them for all the other attacks?"

Did she just blame all the attacks on me? Sorry Allison, that was Peter. Ya know, the Alpha Dick.

"Well, there's actually three of them, not including her. Another younger one like him, called a beta. And than there's the Alpha. The Alpha's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier, those are the real ugly ones."

"What about Tessa?"

"Well, I'm about to test a theory, let's see..."

She walks over to me, a sadistic smile on her face. She grabs me right arm and Derek lets out another warning growl. She turns to him and smiles. Than, with a move of her hands, she snaps my arm, the bones of my upper and fore arm disconnecting. I let out a loud scream while Derek lets out a loud growl.

"Why'd you do that?" Allison asks.

"To test my theory." Kate says in an obvious tone. "These two, are true mates."

"Which is?"

"Come on, I'll explain."

They than walk away, leaving Derek and I alone. Once they're gone, Derek says,

"Are you okay?"

"Peachy." I respond.

"You should've gone with Scott. You wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be hurt."

"But you still would. And if you're hurt, than so am I."

We leave it at that and silence fills the room.

_________________

The door opens again, hours later. Within those hours was silence. Kate comes in and turns the spotlight on me and Derek. She walks over to the table and sits in a chair. She starts going through Derek's jacket.

"Come open Derek, he killed your sister. Now you're not telling me because you want to kill him yourself, or, for some reason, you're protecting him."