⬼ Nancy Wheeler

Nancy draped her arm around you. You nuzzled your head into her shoulder.

"Babe? Are we ever going to tell people about us?" You asked your girlfriend quietly. 

You and Nancy have been secretly dating for nearly a year now. No one knows about your relationship. You had decided, long ago, that you would keep it a secret, but now, you've grown sick of acting as if you were single.

"Y/N, you know I love you, but we agreed not to tell anyone." 

You nodded and leaned upward to kiss her. She grabbed your face and kissed back, her entire heart in it. 

"I love you too, baby." You told her between kisses, "But we have to let the cat out of the bag soon. I want everyone to know that you are mine." 

She hesitated, and closed her eyes. Then, suddenly, hitched her breath and said, "Okay, Y/N/N. We will tell all of Hawkins, if it means your happiness." 

Your eyes lit up with excitement, and you kissed her face, almost violently. She laughed in response, and hugged you close. 

--

"Mom, Dad, Mike, Holly?" Nancy tugged you into her home's living room, calling for her family.

Her little sister trotted in first, a stuffed animal in hand. Then Mike grunted as he plopped on the sofa, ignoring you and Nancy completely. His walkie-talkie was more important to him, you presumed. Lastly, the parents trudged in. Mrs. Wheeler was dragging her husband behind her. 

"Yes, dear? --oh, hello, Y/N. I didn't know you were here." Nancy's mother smiled kindly, then looked to her daughter, "What do you need?" 

"I want to tell you something. I- uh, we-" She stammered on, sounding silly. 

"Nancy and I are in a relationship. We've been dating for a while now."

"We know." Mike blankly stated, chiming into the conversation.

"Aw, thanks for understanding--- Wait, you knew?" Nancy mumbled, confused. 

"Honey, we are your family. We know when you are hiding secrets. Plus, Holly saw you two- well, kissing, one day. While you were supposed to be babysitting her, I might add!" Mrs. Wheeler chuckled, not seemingly phased by the situation. 

You raised an eyebrow, and looked between Nancy and her family members, "Are you all okay with this?" You felt the need to ask, even though you knew you would have been broken apart by now if they had opposed. 

"Yes, Y/N. You guys are great together." Ted Wheeler involved himself, and you smiled at him. 

"Thank you, you guys." Nancy pulled her mother into a hug.

She then turned to you, "I'm glad we did this, sweetie." 

You kissed her forehead, "Me too. I love you."

"I love you too." 

a/n: Here is a Nancy imagine for you! I attempted to kind of make this gender-neutral, but I am so prone to making female x readers. Give me some feedback!

wc: 473