Chapter forty- four

Chapter 44:

Liam's pov:

Me and Niall leave Simons office, right before we got called to go into his office. We pull into the scene of the accident. I expect Harry to be by her side until the ambulance pulls up. 

But he's not.

He's in his car, the door open, crying and hitting the steering wheel.

"Harry why are mad?" I ask, confusion in my voice.

"Jessica doesn't love me," he cries.

"What do you mean?"

"I went to her side when I saw it happen. I called her name, and she,"  he stopped, crying hysterically.

"She called out for Niall," he whispered. I then understood why he was so upset. Niall rushed over to us, "The ambulance is here."

"Harry are you going in the ambulance with her?" Niall asks. Faith's car pulls up, she quickly gets out running over to us.

"Is she okay?" she asks, paniced.

"Niall, you go in the ambulance, I'll drive Faith and Liam behind you guys," Harry says, smiling at Faith.

Harry likes Faith, Faith likes Harry, Niall likes Jessica, Jessica likes Niall, Harry and Jessica are together, and Niall and Ellie are together.

Woah, that's alot.

Niall runs over to the ambulance, jumping in and immediately grabbing Jessica's hand, smiling down at her. I get in Harry's car and Faith sits behind us. I know what I have to do.

"Okay. Obviously you guys like eachother. Niall and Jessica like eachother. So, Harry, you and Jessica need to stop your relationship," I say, getting straight to the point.

"But how can Niall and Jessica get together if he's dating Ellie?" Faith asks.

"Oh sweetie! They aren't actually dating! It's for the public so that Niall isn't labeled as gay!" I say, watching as her mouth drops.

"Holy shit," she whispers.

"I know, this is all just a hot mess," I say shaking my head.

"How are me and Jessica gonna break up?" Harry suddenly asks. 

"I'll get you two in her hospital room alone once she's allowed visitors and you two are going to need to talk it out into a break up," I say, he nods his head and we pull into the hospital parking lot.

Louis and Zayn are already in the waiting room with Perrie and El. Me, Harry, and Faith sit down in the chairs around them. 

"She's admissioned into automatic surgery.From what they can see so far, the semi impact had collapsed her ribs and their is bleeding in the stomach. Her arm is fractured as they can see, and her hip is shattered and there's a horrible gash in her head around her temple," tears start gathering in his eyes, but he continues, "She blacked out in th ambulance and her breathing slowed down and became heavy. She almost died again, but she should be okay after the surgery. For her broken bones and collapsed ribs.

There's something I need to talk to Harry about though, it's about her ribs," he says. Harry slowly stands and walks out of the waiting room into the hallway.

Harry's pov:

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

"Did Jessica have rib damage growing up?" he asks me. Tears immediately spring to my eyes as I think of all the times Jess came to my house, crying about how her mother had picked her.

"Yes. Her mother would often throw her down and kick her stomach, causing rib damage," I say, swallowing down the lump that formed in my throat.

"Shit!" Niall yells, hitting the wall.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask repeatidly. It takes too long for him to answer, but I understand why he didn't want to tell me.

Faith's pov:

I walk down to cafeteria with the rest of the boys, all but Harry and Niall that is. We get some burgers and fries and sit down. We sit there for about an hour until we finally decide to go back to the waiting room.

Harry and Niall come in, not long after. You can tell they've been crying. And I quickly brace myself for what they're about to tell us.

"Guys, we have some news. And it's not good," Niall says.

"Understand that when Jessica was growing up, her mother abused her horribly. She would come to my house crying and screaming about her ribs being in horrible pain," Harry says.

"She grew up with major rib damage, causing a very little cancerous tumor," Niall says.

"When the semi hit her and her ribs collapsed, the cancer had more excess to spread," Harry tells us, looking at his shoes.

"Jessica has lung cnacer," Niall says, looking up at us.

My throat starts closing in and I find it hard for me to breathe. All this time she had a cancerous tumor and no one knew. That must explain why she rarely ate, and her stomach hurting, and her headaches.

They were all side effects of her cancer.

I think back to when she had told me about her favorite book being The Fault In Our Stars. And I wonder if all this time she KNEW that she had cancer.

I find myself crying and leaving the room. I start running down the streets until I find their house. I run upstairs into Jessica's room, grabbing her book. I hear a car pull in and find Harry in her doorway as he watches me read a little note in the back of the book. It's taped to the back cover.

Dear Whoever Finds This,

        You now know that I have cancer. Whatever had happened to me, I expect you were just at the hospital. You now understand why this is my favorite book. Because it's the truth. Please tell the boys that I love them and I will always be watching over them. I'll be with my dad soon if the surgery for my cancer doesn't work out.

                                                        -Jessica, 09/12/13

I fall to my knees as I realize that she might not make it.

A/N

Yeah... So, um... well.