One

Part one: the return

"Appa?" Tae tried to call for Jungkook's attention. He had been trying to get it for a few minutes.

"Appa?" He whined. It was then that Jungkook realized he had Tae before his eyes. How long was Tae there?

"What happened?" Jungkook looked at him not even trying to feign happiness. It was useless. His heart was still yearning for his husband. He still felt his heart crumble at the thought of him.

"Don't be sad. Uncle Yoongi loved you very much. He wouldn't want you to be sad." Tae sat in his lap with care. He hugged Jungkook careful not to lean in too much. He didn't want to hurt his appa. Tae knew that at this time his wounds were still too fresh.

Jungkook couldn't help but cry. He hugged his son closer by him. He wished he could hold Tae tightly but his seven month pregnancy didn't allow him to. The hugs was more than welcome. He needed the affection, and support that this little one gave him. In the last month—in which, he lost Yoongi, all he did was cry. It was hard to be strong. It was hard losing the one you loved.

Possibly one of the reasons SeokJin invited him back to their home. Jungkook could sense Jin's reasons behind the invitation. He wanted to make sure Jungkook was alright and not alone. Jungkook had been hours away from his family and friends. It wouldn't be easy to stop by and check in on him. They were all concerned about his health. Specially, now, that he was pregnant for the second time.

They had talked about him moving in when SeokJin decided to end his relationship—that was months ago. Jin asked for his help with the children. Jungkook had rejected the idea because he had his own family to take care of. Now, his husband was buried about six feet underground. Everything was a mess.

"Tae? What did you do?" A concerned Rose asks. She had only stepped out for a minute, then returning to an emotional Kookie.

Rose and Jisoo agreed that it was their turn to take care of their beloved Kookie. He was supposed to come back to help their father take care of them but he was in no condition to do so. Their father had asked them to behave and keep an eye on him, instead. Their papa didn't have to say anything, they would look out for him. It was clear that Jungkook needed them. He was family, after all.

"Nothing." Jungkook sniffled. He hesitantly let go of Tae.

"I'm fourteen and not as stupid as I once was. I know you miss uncle Gi. We miss him too but we miss you more. You haven't been quite the same." Rose kneeled in front of Kookie. She made sure to look him in the eyes to show her maturity level and her concern.

"Where was I when you turned into a young lady?" Jungkook kissed Rose's forehead. There were moments when the teens showed him how much they'd grown up without him. For the first time in a while he was showing a genuine smile. Not one that was forced to pretend he was doing alright.

"You were out having the time of your life. Trying to make this baby." Rose patted gently the tummy of her Kookie. "I swear you're having twins with this huge tummy."

"You could. Imagine, I would have two brothers." Tae smiled. The idea of two babies made him happy. Tae would love it if they were two boys.

"I thought you liked being the only son. You always get what you want." Jisoo entered the living room carrying her two-year old sister.

"Did she just wake up?" Jungkook looked at the smallest member of the Kim family.

"Yeah, Jennie just woke up. She didn't make a sound. I'm lucky I checked." Jisoo cuddled her sister closer, kissing her cheeks.

"She didn't eat before taking a nap. How about we go and eat?" He spoke trying to remain on top of things. Tae got off his lap and helped Jungkook up.