diecinueve

[haha so uhhhh there are some references of a specific book / movie in this chapter,,,  (i stole a teeny tiny dialogue from hehe)) if you can find them, pls marry me
also sorry for the lack of updates, my life is currently really hectic, but changing for the best :^)
also it's like. 2 am here now, and i have to get up in like. some hours yay insomnia]

as tyler arrived at the small kitchen, he tried his ultimate best not to squeel in utter joy. joshua william dun, the boy he has had a crush on for years, is his soulmate. and is sitting in his bedroom. on tyler's bed. tyler felt his cheeks burn, knowing he looked like a bag of burned potatoes while josh was looking very good, like always. the brunet didn't know why, but this, josh waiting on tyler's bed for tyler with their drinks, them sitting on the bed, just, existing as two individuals, while every time they brushed hands or knees, or even touched in the most simple ways, it felt like constellations exploding, new ones forming and other ones falling into place. the feeling was somewhat quiet when they didn't, leaving behind nothing but a buzzing feeling in tyler's ears. though, tyler felt the euphoria burning and pulsating in and through his veins everytime josh looked at him, or just simply smiled. it felt right, somehow. it felt like taking a cold shower after spending a long day at the beach, your skin being all dry and worn out; but the minute the water washes over you like lukewarm water on a flowershop window in the early hours of a summer day, it almost feels like a soothing, cold lotion adoring your skin after being kissed by the sun all day; loving the sun but loving the lotion more. it felt pleasant.

after pondering over what kind of drink josh would like, he took two cans of redbull from the small fridge, one for josh and one for himself. when he turned around to make his way back upstairs, he spotted josh leaning against the doorpost of the kitchen, a small, innocent smirk plastered onto his face. "you're cute when you murmer to yourself, tyler robert joseph." tyler felt his cheeks burn up even worse, since he was apparentally talking to himself this entire time. he opened his mouth to say something, but the punk's simple sentence succeeded on wiping tyler's entire vocabulary clean, leaving no words behind to say. josh looked at tyler expectantly, his gaze basically begging tyler to say something back. the brunet usually had his way with words, but when josh's chocolate river gaze looked at tyler like that his mind turned into pink mush, unable to do anything else than just adore this man. maybe that's what people mean when they say that love is blind, because you're so in love by your lover's simple actions that you can't do anything but stare and adore. unable to say anything, he tore his gaze off of josh's face and plastered it onto the floor, sticking an arm, which he was holding one of the cans of redbull in, out towards the other boy as a clear sign of defeat. josh chuckled and took the can, holding tyler's hand ever so slightly while doing so. even though it was a teasing touch that only lasted a fraction of a second, it made tyler's heartbeat quicken as he felt every single constellation in his body implode, leaving only shattered parts of the previous ones behind as the new constellations rose up from the ashes of the older ones. it made him take a deep breath, even though his ribs were still heavily throbbing in pain, and just the simple touch of josh's hand holding his own made his vision clear again. then the split second ended, and so did the touch, and tyler was eager for more.

the smaller boy lifted his gaze up from the floor again when he heard the familiar sound of a can being opened. he automatically did the same while his feet carried him to the stairs, leaving a confused joshua behind. tyler turned around, meeting joshua's confused gaze. tyler giggled at the sudden confusion of the boy, and recoiled his hands back into the sleeves of his hoodie as much as he could while holding a can of redbull. ''follow me,'' tyler muttered, as he quickly turned around and ran up the stairs as fast as he could while 1) holding a can of redbull, and 2) missing a rib. but still, tyler made an attempt on teasing the taller boy. josh chuckled and went after the brunet, whose giggles were now all over the place. josh knew he was way faster than tyler, and could easily catch up to him, but he let him be ahead of him now, just for the sake of hearing those, void-filling, angelic sounding giggles the boy produced.