ocho

josh was panicking.

his skin was full of bruises and the pain was unbearable. he was sweating from the pain, and he had passed out a couple of times just because he couldn't take the pain anymore.

josh wasn't the source of the bruises, so it must be his soulmate, he thought. his thoughts traveled bac kto when he felt a tiny itch on his arm during the growing pain; someone, presumably his soulmate, wrote something on their arm. he remembers the feeling of his heart sinking when he read the message. it was one word, and yet had the power to make josh's skin crawl.

"help".

josh was laying in his bed; the pain started taking over his body when he came home, even though he felt sharp stings of pain in the schoolbus on his way home. he ignored them and blamed it on the basketball training from that afternoon, and shook it off. it would go away after a cold shower, he thought.

if only he knew that the reason of the pain was his, his only, getting beat up. that was what josh thought was going on. since josh, the loud, obnoxious and combative punk everyone feared. if there was another person that fought a lot, aside from josh and some other teammates, josh definitely would know.

josh's urge to know what the fuck was going on was increasing by the second.

the only thing that was not increasing,

was the other one's health.

josh managed to sit up on his bed, ripping many groans out of pain from his throat. even though josh had a very high pain tolerance, this still hurt a lot. josh normally didn't hurt. when he would get into fights he would get all bruised and wouldn't feel a thing. josh's eyes widened, his breat hgetting stuck in his throat.

whenever he got into a fight and got out with any injury, there was always one boy that acted strange. one boy always hid from his view and tried to cover up certain body parts while he did. one time josh even broke his jaw, and had to walk around with a bruised jaw for weeks. there was one boy with a strange faded, badly covered mark on his jaw. the boy's injuries has always been reflected by the other. josh's soulmate has been in front of him all along, in plain sight. josh just never opened his eyes to see the truth.

''tyler robert joseph.'' his voice came out in a rasp, as he let it sink in. how could he be this blind?

he slowly turned to his bedside table, cautious not to hurt himself while doing so. he got a sharpie from the surface of the bedside table, hissing as he did. every single movement hurted.

he cried out in pain as he wrote out a message for the smaller boy.

he just hoped he was in time.