Popularity | Minho

You and Minho were childhood friends up until high school, Minho joined the popular crowd and you were a wallflower.

What was weird was that at school Minho would be a dick to you but after school he was himself, sweet and bubbly towards you.

You wanted to ask him about it but you just feel like he'd make up some lies and you just weren't up for that. You just miss your best friend.

"Oh if it isn't y/n sitting all alone during lunch."

"We would be sitting together if you weren't a dick and didn't join the popular crowd."

You hear a few 'ooh's' and tsk from Minho

"I wouldn't want to be a wall flower with you. You are so annoying I'm so glad I chose this crowd. Bye y/n."

"Yeah. Bye dick head"

And with that Minho left with his mini crowd to his table but little did you know that there was going to be a girl pouring nasty ass food on you.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I tripped over your bag."

There was no sincerity in her voice and all you could do was say that it was whatever and that it wasn't anything horrible. You can hear so many people laugh but all you could see was Minho, he was fake laughing but had his eyes on you, worried.

~
AFTER SCHOOL

your parents couldn't pick you up so you had to walk home with the disgusting food paste on your clothes.

You couldn't help but whelm up a bit inside, you were somewhat used to this kind of treatment since you were a wallflower but what hurt was that Minho didn't help.

What were you expecting? Minho changed dramatically freshmen year and remained the same since.

"Y/n! Wait up!"

You heard a familiar voice

Minho.

You didn't want to stop in your tracks but you did. Deep down you hated yourself for it, you still would do anything for him.

"I-I'm sorry that I didn't help you out. I have no excuse on why I didn't help out. I'm really sorry."

"it's fine Minho, you never help me out anymore. You're not even my best friend anymore and it fucking hurts. You chose fame over love. Not that I love you in that way, but I love you a lot as a best friend. But I lost a best friend along the way. You don't want to be seen with me because you don't want to lose fame. god Minho!!! What the fuck happened to you?!?! what the fuck happened to my best friend. Where is he. I need him."

And with that you slightly push Minho aside and speed walk all the way home.

"Hey honey? What happened-"

"Nothing mother. I just need to do my homework."

~

8:00pm

Your phone kept going off because of texts you were receiving, you didn't even bother to check but you had the thought that it was Minho texting you.

Minho🏹:

Y/n? You there??

Hello?

Fuck please answer.

Listen I know I messed up big time ever since High school got in the picture. I'm really sorry.

I never thought that the so called "fame" would change me so much. I care about you so much. please please believe me on that. I may not show it anymore but I really do care about you.

I've always wanted to be popular, you know that. So once I was offered the opportunity I immediately took it which I shouldn't have.

Please forgive me

Y/n?

Wow I'm babbling to myself

..... I love you (unsent)

You may hate me for this but I'm coming over in a few

You're upset with me but you're still my best friend and I need to cheer you up

Bye~

~
8:10 pm

Still at home

You were laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling, questioning your sanity and your purpose to live. It was sad hours

You try to focus on the ceiling but you can't due to the sound that's coming from the window. It sounds like pebbles are being thrown at your window.

Someone used to do that... who was it again?

Oh right.
Minho

"Y/N?!?!? OPEN UP"

you give out a soft laugh and open your window

"this is incredibly stupid, you haven't done this since you were thirteen. What do you want dick head?"

"Can you let me in through the front door? I came over to cheer you up from this mess I somewhat created."

"You definitely created this mess"

"yes I'm aware now let me in before I kick down the door"

"You're not strong enough to do that but okay give me a sec"

You close your window shut and walk down the stairs to open the door

"ahaha sweetie! I heard minho's voice, I'm assuming he is here to cheer you up or something along those lines?"

"yeah. I didn't want to talk to him but he came any way."

your mother gives a soft smile and you were off to open the door

"Jesus you're quite slow when it comes to opening doors"

"Minho shut up before I slap you"

Minho laughs and enters your house and immediately grabs your arm and drags you to your room

"I spammed your phone, did you not see?"

You give him a confused look because deep down you felt like he wouldn't text you yet he did. You pick up your phone and see the amount of texts he left.

"So y/n what should I do to make up for my mess?"

"Anything but leaving me"

~
Authors note:
this was overly dramatic, I also kind of left this on a cliff hanger so maybe you guys can decide if I should make a part two??? Idk but heh I enjoyed making this!!