Chapter 13

>>I am so so sorry! It's up though! I did a thing! Also, if you see any misspelled "Michael"s let me know. Thanks!<<

"Michael?" I softly said as I still kept my hands up to show I didn't mean any harm.

He was visibly shaking a little bit now, but other than that he almost  looked disinterested. Michael's back was firmly pressed to the wall still and the tension in the air somehow managed to get thicker. His eyes were still trained on me.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I swear I won't touch you again." Just as the sentence left my mouth, his eyes darkened and he growled lowly at me.

My brows scrunched together in utter confusion at this point. I notice Michael take a deep breath and then suddenly walk a little closer to me.

"You think I'm afraid of you?" He laughs in a melodically dark tone with his piercing stormy eyes still narrowed on me. "I'm not afraid of you." Wolfie says with a cold stare, challenging me to tell him that he's wrong.

I'm never one to back down from a challenge.

"If you're not afraid of me, why did you move so far away from me when I poked you? Also, why were you shaking?" Now my eyes are narrowed in on his. We're staring each other down closely, meaning both in distance and meticulosity.

Suddenly, wolf-boy breaks and is again against the wall. Before I could open my mouth to question it, the front door opens.

"So, what's for dinner? Is your mom cooking?" My dad says while taking off his suit jacket and hanging it up in the closet.

When he doesn't get my immediate response, he turns to look at me. I see his eyes shift to Michael, and before I can say anything my dad is already firing away. "Well who is this young man? Do you finally have a boyfriend? Scary looking kid this one is, huh?" Dad says with a chuckle while looking at the rather shocked and uncomfortable werewolf guy who really doesn't know what to say in this situation. 

So, of course I replied with a peppy, "Oh! This is Michael, we met at the auction and just hit it off. He really sold on his great qualities and I just knew we had to be friends."

I heard a strangled sound from behind me where Wolfie stood, but decided to completely ignore it.

"That's good sweetheart, is he staying for dinner?" My unsuspecting dad asks me. I take a quick glance at Michael to see how he's holding up in this conversation, then reply with a quick nod of my head and a smile.

My dad's phone starts ringing. "It's your mother, I'll be right back."  He says before taking the call, talking about pizza and how he didn't get to pick.

I wander over to Wolfie again to see him staring at me weirdly, like I'm a puzzling disease he can't find a cure for. Disgusted and confused.