Chapter 1

"Okay, let's say I didn't hack into the principal's computer to change my science grade. Then I would definitely be failing."

I tried to reason with them. "Them" being the angry parents who sat on the love seat opposite to me. When the only response I got was my mom's 'Oh, really?' face, I knew I was in some deep poo. I started looking around the black marble and cherrywood room trying to avoid my mom's eyes.

"I actually didn't know about that." My dad said trying his best not to sound too proud of me, while hiding the fact he had given me a smirk and a thumbs up. What can I say, my daddy taught me how to hack. Plus, he broke into the school back in his day too.

"If this isn't about me hacking into the school, then what is it about?" I tilted my head giving my parents questioning looks. They looked to each other and seemed to be having a silent conversation, which my mom apparently won. My dad huffed and gave me a look that let me know I wasn't going to like what he said next.

"Honey..." My dad started off. This is so much worse than I thought! The last time he called me honey he accidentally dyed all my white clothes pink.

I braced myself for the untold terror about to be spoken.

"We want you to have a body guard." He finished with an uneasy expression on his face.

I quit bracing myself and looked at them confusedly. "Okay?" I answered slowly, waiting for the punch.

It's a pretty well known fact that I don't like body guards. According to the license I carry, I can shoot to kill and no one will know.

My dad seemed to not want to say the next part and looked begrudged at my mom. She scrunched her nose at him in the do-I-have-to-be-the-bad-parent way.

She huffed when she realized dad wasn't going to say the rest. "We want it to be your own personal wolf." I had a sharp intake of breath. "No." I stated leaving no room for argument.

After having several debates in the past, I thought they understood just how I felt about that. This is much worse than my clothes being pink. I felt myself tense up and clenched my fists.

"Honey, please. Just listen." My dad commanded when I got up and tried to leave the room. "I said no. It's wrong and I'm not participating in this strange messed up culture fling." I spoke while standing. My tone was deathly calm and my face showed no emotions.

My mother huffed with annoyance. "You're getting one and that's final!" She yelled at me. I was slightly taken aback for a moment, shock evident on my face.

My mother never yells, this must be very serious. "Why do you want me to get one so badly?" I asked softly slowly sitting back down. By some miracle my mother heard me. "We are getting death threats at work. They're untraceable and on paper. We need you to be safe." My mother says running her hands through her short peppered black hair.

She worriedly looks at me then at my father. "You really need to have one. We have reason to believe that they're after..." My mom hesitantly looks at me then at the floor. I understood exactly what she wanted to say in that instant and my blood went cold.