Chapter 11

>>I am so fucking sorry for not updating guys, I swear. I know, I'm the worst.<<

"I didn't drop the gun last time," I said looking him in the eye with the weight of the gun still heavy in my hands.

He stared for a moment before his expression turned bored and then he turned away from me, scanned the room like I hadn't spoken at all. He took his time to look my direction with a lazy smirk on his face. "Nice mansion, princess." 

"I didn't drop the gun," I repeated adamantly. His expression was something I couldn't recognize for a moment until it blanked of all emotion. He stood up and purposefully strode over to where I was now clenching my fist around the gun and slightly shaking.

"Sorry, I didn't realize that you would be so stupid to throw away your only weapon when you're alone with someone who almost fucking killed you." He spat at me getting increasingly louder as he got so close to me I could feel his breath on my face. I felt his hand circle around my hand that was holding the gun and raise it to his head while his eyes were still focused on me. My heart felt like it was about to break out of the confines of my chest. 

"Stop." I heard myself say in a voice that was so strong in this moment that I wasn't sure it was even mine. He didn't move for a minute, then flipped a switch on the side of the gun before backing away from me and sitting back down on the couch. "You can't fire with the safety on, sweetheart," Wolfie said with a smirk that didn't match his eyes. 

My mom walked back into the room holding the phone in her hand, "Hey Chloe, I've got to go and see what's wrong at the office," She said completely flustered and was briskly walking to her room. "Jim called to tell me that something went wrong with the system in a different one of my offices and I don't want Mel on it, because as sweet as she is-"

"Don't worry about it, Mom. We'll be alright here." I respond to my mom which makes her pause for a moment and look at me and the wolf-man. She lets out a long breath and looks at me, making sure to look me in the eye. "Are you sure? I'm sure Mel can, probably, handle this..." She says with a little skeptical look on her face. "Come on, Mel can't handle this. You said so yourself." I tell her, trying to coax her into going because she'll end up working even longer hours when she's picking through Mel's work to find something bad that isn't there. 

She finally concedes, giving Wolfie a glare and then looking back to me. "Okay, I'm going to go change. You know my office number. Your dad will be home any minute. If the wolf gives you any trouble or does something you don't like, shoot him with the gun I gave you." She said while motioning to the guy who looked very pissed off and confused at the same time before leaving to go change into work clothes again. It took her ten minutes tops to change and then she was out the door, but not before yelling back at me "If the pizza guy gets here before your dad, use your credit card. Love you!" With that, she was out the door. 

"She's really just going to leave you here alone with me?" He says with an extremely confused look on his face. I took one look at him and then briskly sat down next to him on the couch, making him bristle up and take a deep breath. "What are you doing?" I say feeling his glare on the side of my face as I grab the TV remote. He grabs it out of my hand gaining my attention. "What?" I say sounding as annoyed as I felt. 

Suddenly he goes from a confused expression to a blank one again as he swiftly throws the remote, breaking it against the wall. "Hey!" I exclaim angered by his behavior. "Why would you do that?" I immediately questioned him and then went to pick up the pieces of the broken remote off of the ground and throw them away, before looking at the small dent it made in the wall. He was silently watching me as I picked up the mess he made, before standing right in front of where he was sitting. "Are you going to answer my question?" I ask him looking dead in his eyes. "Well, fine then," I say and go manually turn on the TV and then sit on the other couch, "if you won't talk to me, then I just won't talk to you." This apparently wasn't the response he expected because, for the first time since knowing him, he looked truly stunned.