Chapter 3

I got a total of zero hours of sleep last night. I just stayed awake thinking that maybe if I didn't go to sleep I wouldn't have to wake up to the next day. When the birds started singing and sunlight began to come through my window, it smashed my theory into smithereens.

Well, here we go. I rolled out of bed and went to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my unruly brown hair. I ran a brush through it, and contemplated using the curling iron for after I got through with my shower. After having a stare-off with the iron, I figured it wasn't worth the burn marks and hopped in the shower. I blow dried my hair straight, and drew on my winged eye liner that was black to enunciate my hazel eyes.

I went into my bedroom and put on the dress I had laid out last night, and a pair of pumps. The dress was a floor length black dress with a sweetheart neckline. I quickly grabbed my red clutch and ran downstairs.

"Mom! Dad! I'm leaving!!" I yelled toward the bedroom hoping to wake them up. Not waiting for a reply, I grabbed my keys and ran out the door.

The usual time for a bid is 7:00 in the morning. Which, by the way, thank you lord that it's summer. I got inside of my sleek, black car and arrived at the bid with fifteen minutes to spare. I walked to the door, and was immediately greeted by guards. They checked to make sure I was in formal wear and I showed them my identification. After passing through a metal detector I was finally in.

The elegant golden seatings and cherrywood carved stage reminded me of the beautifully classic theatre it once was.

It disgusted me that a lovely place that was originally used to hold beautiful productions of music and the arts, was used as a bid house now. Not only that but it's now the most upscale bid house in the country and I've been told "has the best slaves." I shuddered at the words with distaste.

I heard the screech of the microphone on stage as someone tapped on it to test it. "Hello everyone! I would like to welcome you to our home!" The man was very obese, and to be honest, he immediately reminded me of a pug. On top of his pug-mug, he was wearing a purple sweater matched with green... jeans and penny loafers. All together. Ew. It isn't even cold outside, weird Barney-Pug halfbreed.

I had zoned out, because I was too busy being absolutely appalled at his fashion choices. He motioned to the curtain to open. When it opened, it revealed a dozen ginormous wolves with silver muzzles and chains around their paws. They all started to growl at the audience, especially a large grey wolf. It was significantly larger than the other wolves, and seemed to be in charge. I looked at the fat man, that I decided to call Mr. Puggy who was looking at the wolves with eyes as large as saucers. He quickly tried to mask it, but you could tell something wasn't quite right by how much sweat he was producing.

Time seemed to stop as everyone in the audience started going for their handbags or pockets. I looked around the room confused at their actions.

Suddenly, I got shoved down under the chairs and told to stay put. I heard a growl rip through the air. My blood chilled at the sound of gunshots I guessed where aimed at the dogs. I waited until I heard no more noise, then slowly peaked over the chairs toward the stage. There wasn't any blood on the stage, but instead where only people on the floor with chains around them.

Mr. Puggy grabbed the mic from the stand. He tapped on it again and all the people on stage flinched with every hit. He cleared his throat to try and get the attention he already had. "This bid is now open." He squeaked out. He looked away as if ashamed of how his voice sounded. He looked toward the "slaves" with malice. "We're starting with the best like always!" He yelled now, walking toward a very muscular guy that was lying on the ground. Mr. Puggy roughly grabbed the man by a chain that was attached to a collar around his throat. A growl ripped through the air as the man looked Mr. Puggy directly in his eyes. "S-starting b-bid with t-this o-o-one is... $10,000!" Mr. Puggy stuttered as the man slowly got up from the floor and stood with his head held high and his legs shoulder-width apart. He exuded so much confidence that you almost forgot the chains that were connecting him to the stage.

People started raising their hands rapidly making the price raise. When it hit $25,000,000 the bids started to slow down. All the while, the man on stage looked at everyone with hatred and disgust.

Some weird part of me decided that I liked him and I did something that I never thought I'd ever do, but in that moment I just couldn't help it.

I raised my hand.

"A billion."
_____________________________Author thingy:
The girl in the photo isn't the girl this story is about. It's just the dress I wanted. The girl can look like anyone you want her to😅

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you guys say! (And voting would be cool too👍)