█║▌│█│║▌24││█║▌│║▌║

"AAHHHH!" the kid let go, making Chat fall back. Chat saw everyone that was encouraging him to fight the kid and some were terrified at what they saw. Chat quickly tied the mask back on and ran off into the school building, as the cheers and commotion of the kids outside slowly faded into the cool silence of the school building. He ran as fast as his little legs could take him, feeling the steady increasing pace of his heart pound against his chest, as the tears flew from his face and ran into the restroom.  

He noticed himself change, his ears twitched, and twisted-noticing no one was in the restroom. He could still taste the metallic liquid in his mouth. The small kitten crawled onto the sink just to look in the mirror, his ears and tail drooped as he broke into a quiet sob. "I didn't mean to...." "I'm sorry-y-y", his face was starting to become red and heated from the extra blood flow through his face-yeah, blood

His tongue felt something sharp, "Ow!" he looked at his teeth in the mirror, and decided to wash out his mouth quickly. He filled up the sink slightly, propping himself up on the edge like any other cat would. He took his mask off and placed it beside him to keep it dry; his hands submerged into the water as his short stature was already having a hard time reaching. He looked into the mirror and saw his hair looked a tad bit different. 

He saw his slightly spiky hair began to show more spikes, he had to hurry. He reached more into the sink and SPLASH! He pulled his head out in reaction and shook his hair. The cold rushed onto him, making him shiver to get a better view of his now white teeth. He looked at the horror of it, two of his small teeth were a tad bit sharp. He never knew that one moment without his mask could do so much. 

His small hand touched one of his furry ears, then his tail. He moved it to the left, then right, he stood on the sink , trying to crawl off before anyone could find him, but saw the height between the sink and floor was too great. 

He heard footsteps and the calls for his name, he looked back at the door and back at the ground, he had no choice. He tried his best to move out of the sink and his foot slipped, making him fall. "AH!" he shrieked, noticing his body was a few inches from the hard grey tile floor. His breath quavered as the feeling of his tail being pulled was starting to hurt. 

He made his tail let go of the sink and landed on fours. The door opened as it squeaked as Chat quickly crawled under the sink. Familiar teal blue flats walked in with the heels of Ms. Francis. 

"Chat?" 

"Adrien! Where are you?"

 Mrs. Agreste was looking for Adrien everywhere, Chat knew he was in big trouble- really big trouble. His tail gave him away, as it slithered on the floor slightly from his fear. Mrs. Agreste and Ms. Francis walked to the sink in front of Adrien and both bent down. Chat scooted further into the corner.

 His mother noticed his ears were sticking straight up, "Adrien, don't be afraid." his mother gives him a soft and gentle smile. Adrien shook his head, feeling some of the wet hair stick to his skin. Ms. Francis gave Mrs. Agreste the mask she found on the sink. Chat had tears run down his face, slowly crawling to his mother. 

Mrs. Agreste hugged her little boy tightly as Chat's loud muffled sobs filled the bathroom. 

"It's alright." 

"Mom, I-I-" 

"Shhh....." she slowly got up, holding Adrien.

 "Is it alright if I...you know?" his mother turns to Ms. Francis. 

"Its fine!" she assures. 

"Will the child be okay?" 

"He should be fine, the injury isn't serious, we'll take care of him"

"He-he took my mask and wo-wouldn't l-let go mother, I didn't mean it! I-I'm sorry!" 

"Adrien, you can't help it. Listen, did they see?" 

He nodded. 

"I fell and my tail came out-and m-my ears" he dries his face. 

"Shhh...." she kisses his forehead as she tied his mask on again, 

"Don't let anyone take it, just grab it from them, try to conceal it, and don't feel it" Chat calmed down and took some breaths. 

His mother ran her fingers in the small star-like hair part in the middle of his head. His mother stopped hearing a low rumble from him. "That tickled!" he laughed.

4 months later....

"Hey Chat Noir! Can I touch your tail? It looks so cool!" "U-Um, my parents told me not to let anyone touch my tail or ears-" "Why are you so mean?" "I-I'm not! My parents told me-" before he could finish, he was pushed into the ground. The other kids laughed at him, as he tried to get back up but pushed down again by the blue-eyed blonde haired boy, as his best friend, Ashton, a black boy laughed who slightly along with him as the poor boy started to cry. "Oh? And why is this stupid mask on your face crybaby?! You're not a superhero! And trash like you don't deserve hero masks!" a black haired, pale skinned girl laughed in her high pitched voice, and her hands reached for Chat's face, "No! Leave me alone!" Chat smacked the girl dead in the face, not only smacked, but scratched her-deep.

He had to deal with this everyday, and even the most patient person in the world can have lines that are crossed. Her eyes widened, and fell back on the ground unconscious. Blood bled everywhere and the group of children screamed, she was dead. Chat quickly stood up as the teachers ran and gasped, looking at Chat's blood covered claws. His cat instincts were triggered, he couldn't help them and couldn't hold them back. He looked at his bloody hands, trembling. "I-I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorry! I-I didn't-" he was grabbed by the wrist and dragged by the teacher.

"Chat! Why would you do that?!" Ms. Francis slightly yelled at him, "I-I didn't mean to!" "Didn't mean to? Chat YOU KILLED HER! She has a family! She has friends, and now we have to go through all of this trouble!" "She and other people were being mean to me! They wanted to touch my tail and tried to take off my mask! My parents told the school about my-" "Your condition, yes, I know... everyone knows that here". Moments later, he was standing outside of the principal's office, alone. He slid down the wall and sat on the floor. His golden blonde hair gently swooped over his eyes, as the tears made streaks down his rosy cheeks, and fell to the floor, "I didn't do it. I didn't do it!" he 'yelled at himself. His ears soon twitched and moved, hearing sirens. 

Chat hears someone skipping down the hallway. He doesn't look up, he was ashamed to even look at another person. He heard humming and the footsteps were right beside him, "Hm, looks like he's still outside! I guess I'll...I don't know...." it was a girl, a small girl who was Chat's age, she had h/t h/l hair s/c baby soft skin, gorgeous e/c eyes, and her favorite outfit on with a f/c small cross body purse. She really didn't pay attention to anything, like she was in her own world but suddenly jumped back into real life. She looked down at a sobbing boy with cat ears and a tail, "Hey, aren't you that guy that-that did that to Stacy?"  she steps back a bit. She then noticed the boy was sobbing, and she took slow steps closer to Chat, and he looked up at her. She froze, "Y-You're not gonna scratch or bite me right?" Chat stared at her, she stared at him. They both stared at each other for a long time- or Chat was, he studied her eyes, and kept staring. Chat slowly shook his head 'no'. The girl slowly bent down to her small knees, "I was trying to see if, if you was still mad. I sorry" "It's alright."  

The Chat Noir x Genie! Reader book is finally published! You can go to my profile and find it there!