Volume 2: Mountain Glenn

Start from the beginning

Me: This... is new. Where did this come from? And... how in the world did I do that?

I continue to grew fascinated by my new abilities. It seemed that my Semblance had just gained two new abilities: Creating anything made out of ice to explode at will, and create and leave an Ice copy of myself. I was really mesmerized by the new power as I had never experienced any change in my Semblance before. Howling was then heard from the distance and I quickly realized that I was supposed to be on bed and not testing out my new abilities at this time of the night. 

----MEANWHILE----

Yang's POV:

Tenka and the three members of RWBY have their eyes closed, but I was the first to stop pretending.

Me: Blake, are you awake?

Blake: Yeah.

Tenka had just pretended to be asleep as he listened to their conversation.

Me: Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?

Blake: Maybe he was just curious.

Me: You think?

Blake: No.

Me: Weiss, are you awake?

As Yang asks this, Weiss snaps at her, making her cringe up a bit.

Weiss: Of course I'm awake! You two are talking. And I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But, it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral gray area.

Blake: That's putting it lightly.

Weiss: Which is why I feel the need to make things right. If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it. How about you, Tenka? Tenka? Are you awake?

Tenka: Not like it's easy to sleep when a huge-sized wolf is suddenly sleeping on your stomach now, which really makes it hard for breathing to sleep at.

Tenka's first sense of humor for tonight made the girls laugh slightly before turning serious again, but Tenka stayed lying there, listening to the three teammates talk about their reasons for being here as he stayed still and silent.

Tenka: When he asked me why I wanted to become a Huntsman I meant whatI said as well. I may be an offspring of fame and being the protector of my hometown, but I have my own legacy to uphold, not just family's. Protecting a village is something that changed me, it changed everything about me. Why I am here now is because, maybe it's really the fact I want to experience something new. Something worth really living for that could benefit all man, woman, and child alike.

Blake: All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew that Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy, what will I - how can I undo so many years of hate?

Me: I'm sure you'd figure it out.

Tenka: Yang's right, Blake. You're not one to back down from a challenge.

Blake: But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran! When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my... Semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself; an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away!

Tenka: Then this time, you don't have to. I'll make sure of it.