12 | To Forgive Or Not, That Is The Question

Start from the beginning

I sigh and walk into the classroom with Molly behind me. I find a seat in the middle of the classroom and Molly sits next to me. After getting her folder out, Molly turns to fully face me.

"Ava, what happened? After Max kidnapped you, I didn't hear anything else from anyone."

"Well, Max locked me in the janitors closet," I tell her. Her brown eyes widen in shock and worry. She opens her mouth ready to fire questions at me but I cut her off, "its fine. We just needed to talk. He told me what happened two years ago; then he started begging me to give him a second chance."

Molly gasps, "really?"

I nod my head, "yeah so in other words, I told him that I don't do second chances. Then he proceeded to tell me that he's going to 'find' me and get me back."

"Aww, that's so romantic," Molly awws, a soft expression on her face.

My mouth opens in surprise. Molly is supposed to be on my side with this! She's supposed to be against him doing all of this!

"Molly!" I hiss, "you're supposed to be on my side."

She rolls her brown eyes and sits back in her seat.

"I am, as your best friend I'm supposed to look out for you and make sure your best interests are at heart. This is exactly what I'm doing. Its clear as day he still has feelings for you and I know somewhere in that rock hard heart you have feelings for him too. Plus you two are so meant to be." She explains and gives me a smile.

Stunned at her logic, I fall back into my chair. Do I actually still have such feelings for him? Pff no, of course, I don't.

You're lying to yourself and you know it. My inner subconscious says. Deep down I know I am but I'm only looking out for myself. I need to put on a strong front. I know to prove to myself and others that things like this don't affect me anymore.

"Ava, you do love him. There's a little twinkle in your eyes whenever he's close by or mentioned. I know you're scared of being hurt again and that's completely understandable but you two, you are meant to be. Anyone can tell that there's a connection there, even you. I'm not saying forgive him straight away, all I'm saying is give him a chance."

Molly then opens a blank page in her book and starts doodling. She knows I need to think this through.

The teacher then makes an appearance, five minutes late. He tells us to complete the algebra questions on the sheet below. If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, its freaking algebra. So instead, I decide to think about what Molly said.

Maybe you should give Max a chance, you can obviously see how bad he feels about what you did. My conscious reasons. Its true, Molly even told me that Max has never been the same since that day. He's never approached a girl and hardly interacts with everyone.

I can see the remorse in Max's eyes, the regret is as clear as day. But I'm not going to be guilt—tripped into forgiving him, I am so much stronger than that.

"Molly," I whisper quietly. Molly's head lifts up from the book and gives me a curious look. The class is relatively quiet, most people are reading the book whilst some others are having hushed conversations. Our teacher is on his phone, not being very discreet about it.

"Yes?" She asks.

"D—do you really think I should give him another chance?" I stutter out. Its always good to have someone else's opinion, especially someone who you trust.

Molly frantically nods her head, "definitely. You won't regret it."

I mumble thanks to her and bite my lip. Won't I regret it? I better not.