Chapter 34: The End

Todoroki was in the hospital and Yaoyarozu was explaining what had happened to the staff. The pros who weren't listening to her were trying to calm down Eri in another room. The child wouldn't stop crying and asking if Deku was okay. They had no idea where this girl had come from and how Midoriya had tricked her into thinking he cared about her, but the bandages and the fear in the child's eyes forced them to take it slow.

Yaoyarozu was starting to feel dizzy by the time all the questions had come to an end. The amount of 'I don't know's were overwhelming and even her yes or no answers seemed more like questions in themselves. Todoroki-kun wouldn't be so unsure of himself in this situation. I can't even be trusted to remember all the information correctly.

In reality, Yaoyarozu was just getting over her shock. It's what kept her from breaking down in the last fight when hope seemed lost. Images of Kirishima and Todoroki severly injured ran through her brain along with the two student sized body bags that took away two of her classmates. She finally remembered Midoriya himself. After he was subdued, they knocked him out and she caught a glance of his face. He just looked like his regular self when the insanity had washed away.

Yaoyarozu had been wandering as her shock wore off and found herself in front of Todoroki's hospital room. She didn't even know if she was allowed to go in, but she did so anyway, too numb to care about the rules at the moment. She expected to find Todoroki asleep, but instead he was lying down, starting at the wall with his two colored eyes.

"O-oh. Sorry about that Todoroki-kun. I didn't mean to disturb you. I'll be-"

"You can come in of you want." Todoroki's voice was flat and he sounded very tired. "You look to be in the same shape as I am."

Yaoyarozu let the door shut quietly behind her and sat silently in the chair that was besides Todoroki's bed. "Are you in any pain?"

"I will be as soon as the sedatives ware off. I'm alright for now. What about you?"

"Oh. I'm fine. I defiantly only got a few scrapes and bruises compared to you. I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine." Todoroki's voice was flat, making the question almost harder for Yaoyarozu to answer.

Yoyarozu laughed uncomfortably to fill the awkward silence, but her smile quickly fell. "I honestly think I've been in denial ever since Bakugou's funeral." She addmitted. "We never got to see his body, so I guess it never registered in my brain. With Uraraka as well. Even now. I...I don't know why I'm like this. It's stupid but-"

"I couldn't cry at either funeral. A lot of us didn't. We're all in the same boat, so we need to be ready when reality hits." Todoroki hadn't changed anything about the way he was talking, but the words helped Yaoyarozu to feel a little better. "and it's not stupid. Someone like Midorya being a murderer is hard to comprehend. I don't think my brain has quite grasped it."

"...what's going to happen to him?" Yaoyarozu asked, not sure if she really wanted an answer.

Todoroki shrugged. "I guess he'll either be imprisoned or killed for his crimes. Besides murder, they have a list of thiefs and such that he took on while he was a part of the League..." Todoroki trailed off when he saw a tear slip down Yaoyarozu's face. Without warning, she started to sob silently. Todoroki bit his lip, but made an attempt to comfort her as best as he could. He rubbed her back awkwardly, not sure if he was being atall helpful.

"It's not...fair." came Yaoyarozu's muffled voice. "He...he was just...he just wanted..."

"Yeah." Todoroki didn't need his classmate to finish her sentence. He glanced down at his hands. "I know."