1--Capture

Izuku's POV

A read a quote once that said, "I don't remember what it's like not to feel broken." I can relate to this on a deep level. As they strap me to the machine that alters my memories, I struggle to remember who I am and why I'm here.

I am...Izuku...M-Midoriya. I go to UA High and I will become a hero. I was...captured? Yes...by the League of Villains...

My mind flashed back to when these guys got a hold of me. I was walking home from school one day, distracted with my black eye that Kacchan had given me today. He got in trouble, but my face still stung. I did not want to talk to my mom about Kacchan hitting me again, but I decided it was inevitable. I was so engrossed with thinking up a good way to explain this to my mom, I didn't recognize all the people in black slowly gathering around me.

I was ripped from my thoughts when an arm was suddenly draped over my shoulder. A hand wrapped loosely around my neck. I was so surprised that I didn't realize what was going on. I looked up and a sudden dread washed over me. It was Shigaraki Tomura. Everything seemed to stop. Sweat ran down my face and my breathing quickened rapidly. "Hello, Midoriya. It's so nice to see you again." Then, with his lips pressed against my ear, he whispered, "Don't think about calling for help. Make a move, and you're a dead man." His grip on my throat suddenly tightened and I was struggling for breath.

He took me down an alley where other villains were waiting, some girl, a guy with his skin stitched in place, and the man with the warping quirk. The girl tied me securely with a rope and gagged me. Then, a blindfold was put over my eyes and I was slung over someone's shoulder. I tried to struggle, but it was no use.

Ever since, I'd been missing peices of my memories. The only people from school who I can remember the names of are Kacchan and Todoroki, but not what they look like. For everyone else in my class, It's the opposite. I can almost remember the girl with the brown hair's name...it starts with an O, I think...no, a U...

Everything else aside, all I know about the villain's' plan is to force me to kill with the quirk my favorite hero, All Might gave me. Although, the problem is I still don't have any control over it. It breaks my bones, which the villains ignore. They cause me pain anyway. Who cares if I have to suffer more.

~

They inject me with needles then ask me questions

They inject me with needles then ask me questions. I've learned to lie.

"What is your name?

"Izuku."

"Where did you go to highschool?"

Silence.

"Who is your favorite hero."

Silence.

"What is your mother's name?"

Silence.

And so the useless questions go on. If I don't answer, they'll assume that they've made progress. I don't know what I'm fighting for exactly, but I'm not letting go of it. I didn't like these people, they forced me to steal and practice killing people, hurting me...I couldn't stand it.

They left me alone for a little bit, in a strait jacket and my boxers. The first time they had injected me, I lashed out and tried to get free of them, then knocked over a vial of the serum that they were putting inside of me. Since then, they're restrained me while they did their experiments.

Soon enough, I knew I would forget everything...though I didn't know what that meant. I hardly remembered who I was...did I have friends? A family? What was my normal life like before these guys took me?

Eventually, they ran so many tests on me that I forgot everything besides my name. I had no idea what gender I was, how old I was, where I was, or who the people were who made me like this. They told me the basics about my life, but no details. The empty space in my mind bothered me, but I tried not to think about it, instead I focused on learning what these people were trying to teach me. I had no morals and no bad feelings about what was to come. I could ignore the pain of my power with a smile on my face. Even the broken bones didn't seem to hurt anymore.

~

The man with the stitches, who I only knew as Dabi, smacked me across the face. "You've gotta focus, Midoriya! You hardly even hit the target this time!"

I mumbled an apology, causing him to hit me again. "No talking!" I whimpered on the inside, fixing my gaze on the floor.

"Now, try again, and use your power, got it?" I nodded and took the knives in my hands. I drew my arms back, and using my quirk, threw the knife into the middle of the human-shaped target. There was a crunch as my already broken bones fractured a little more. They used to push me harder, but after learning that there was a possibility of permanent paralysis in my arms, they stopped. Now, they kidnapped a man with a healing quirk to fix me up after every lesson. The only one that pushed me to my limit and possible paralysis was Dabi, who relentlessly pushed me until I either did it right or collapsed from pain.

After a few more throws, he let me go. I went straight to my room, which was nice, but small. wasn't sure what exactly was suppose to be in a room, but I had a pile of blankets and a pillow. I didn't have any extra clothes, though the girl, who I learned was named Toga, usually made sure that I had new ones when I either grew out of them or ripped them. There wasn't much for me to do besides training. I usually spent my free time trying to remember my past, though it seemed impossible that I would ever remember my friends or family, if I even had any. It was hard to believe that I wasn't just grown from an experiment, without a past at all.

I layed down on my blankets and closed my eyes. Gotta get my broken bones taken care of... I thought, already drifting off.