4-Punishment

I knew I was going to get it. I forgot all of my training in my panic, not to mention my mission. I couldn't even kill that Iida kid. I panicked. I knew that Shigaraki was going to hurt me. He grabbed me tightly by the arm and dragged me to the room where he had done experiments on me. He ordered me to lift my shirt and face the wall. I did. I couldn't see what he was planning, but I knew it was going to hurt.

Sure enough, I felt a sharp pain on my back and tried to suppress my cries of pain. I knew this punishment well enough, since it was the most severe he could think of. He was using scalpel to slowly peel the skin off my back. I shook from pain. I couldn't stand due to my legs being broken, but even if I had started by standing, the pain would have made me collapse anyway. Sadly, this wasn't the worst part. He left me to bleed out for a little hit, them came with a pitcher of spiked lemonade. He roughly wiped away the blood, them poured the drink down my back. I couldn't hold my pain in, instead I let out a piercing scream of pure agony. He left me there for a while. I knew my back would never fully heal. The scars would always be there, no matter how many times I was healed by the captured doctor. I sobbed myself into a fitful sleep, trying to forget the pain.

Sooner than I expected, Shigaraki came back. He stroked back my hair in a fatherly way. "This wouldn't have happened if you had done it right the first time, Izuku." A shiver ran down my spine. Whenever he used my first name, he was about to hurt me. Sure enough, his light stroking stopped. He tangled his fingers in my hair and tugged on it as hard as he could. I yelped as he dragged me by my hair to the operation table I hated so much. I was in too much pain to fight back. Before he started, he wrapped my torso with gauze so I wouldn't die of blood loss, then he forced me to sit up. "Now, Izuku, answer me a few questions, okay?"

I wanted to refuse, but he didn't give me the chance. He had a syringe in his hand that would wipe my memory. I swallowed hard. "Did you remember anything, Izuku?"

My bottom lip trembled before I could stop it. That's how Shigaraki figured out I was lying to him. With a strangled voice, I answered the question. "Yes."

"What was it?"

I didn't look him in the eye. "I remembered Iida...and he knew me...why?"

"Anything else?"

"The boy you asked me to capture...he made me angry. I-I hate him."

"Is that it?"

I swallowed and nodded.

Shigaraki smiled. "Don't worry, Izuku. You'll forget all this and things will go back to normal. Doesn't that sound nice?"

I didn't respond. I couldn't without making him angry. I was shaking as the needle got closer. Please no...don't make me forget again. I don't want to...I felt tears running down my cheeks. I wanted to remember something. Why did he have to make me forget?

As I was expecting the needle to plunge into my neck, the alarms started to go off. Shigaraki growled in annoyance and stood up. "Don't you move from that spot, or I'll whip you." With that threat hanging above me, he threw down the syringe and stormed upstairs. I waited for ten minutes in pure silence, trying to guess what had set off the alarms. I was too scared to move, even though the position I was in made my back hurt. I felt like crying, but I was too dehydrated to make any tears come. The thought of water brought thoughts of food, which reminded me it had been a few days since my last meal and how much weight I had lost. Not that I had much to lose in the first place.

I was startled from my thoughts when the basement door slammed open. I stayed perfectly still, thinking it was Shigaraki coming to plunge a needle into my neck. I began to shake with fear. I closed my eyes and tried not to think of the pain of losing my memories, of having an empty void in my head where my thoughts should be. I only realized that it wasn't Shigaraki when I heard how heavy the footsteps were. My eyes popped open and, right in front of me, was All Might. The hero who Shigaraki said would kill me. He had a smile on his face, and I was petrified.