Chapter 18: Nightmare

Just gonna start off by saying, you guys are the best!!

Thanks for all your positive words with my last update and the new cover!!
~
I was getting uses to my new daily schedule. Wake up, get ready, eat breakfast, go to target practice with Dabi, eat lunch, hand to hand combat training with Toga, break, survival training with Shigaraki, supper, learning essential math and Japanese from Kurogiri, and finally bed. Twice would help me improve some other training aspects like how to fight with weapons other than a gun and knife.

The training was exhausting and the hours were long, but I had be be better. Since I didn't have a Quirk anymore, I was going to have to rely solely on my skills. Everyday I would see improvement; getting three bulls-eyes instead of two, being able to knock Toga off balance, not getting hit by Shigaraki durning survival training once. It was slow, but with my time at UA under my belt, no matter his short it was, I wasn't too bad with this training.

I got Saturdays and Wednesdays off to rest, both mentally and physically. Kurogiri brought me books to read and gave me some of the old games that Shigaraki had finished on old school handheld devices. This kept my mind off things and, more importantly, out of the League's way.

Toga still tried to flirt with me, but I had learned to ignore it. I just wasn't interested in her that way. I would, however, accept when she offered to eat with me. I got lonely easily, and I felt that if I talked to Toga, we would build as a team. I still had a fuzzy feeling at the back of my head, like what I was doing was wrong. I didn't want to be here, but I felt like the villains were teaching me better then the heroes ever had. 

Eventually, the bad feeling went away.

I was still terrified of Dabi. Someone else, usually Toga or Kurogiri would sit through our training session, just in case he tried to beat me without reason. The first time he went to hit me, I practically had a panic attack. Shigaraki had the same effect, since he had been the one to torture me the worst, but since most of it was a blur, I didn't freak out so much. Dabi's torture had left marks, both physical and mental. My arms are horribly scarred from the multiple fractures from training and even some from Dabi himself. He had pushed me close to paralysis, several times, and had been the one who made me scared to talk whenever he entered the room.

"Eyes up," Dabi snapped. I willed myself to look up to see the targets. I had a gun in my hand. Slowly, I lifted my arm. My confidence was shrinking under Dabi's glare. I took a few deep breaths then steadied my arm.

"Left, right center."

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The noise echoed in my ears. I looked to that each target had been hit, dead center.

Before I could smile, Dabi snapped. "Behind you. Again!"

I spun and another three bullets.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Dead center.

"Hm...I guess we'll have to start with moving targets tomorrow. I'll let you off early today."

I bowed to him, like he told me to, and left for my room. It was still around an hour to lunch, so I decided to take a nap.

I guess that wasn't such a good idea.

Usually, during the night, I was too tired to dream. The constant training sapped my energy and I was in a dreamless sleep before my head hit the pillow. But this time, it was different.

I was standing in an alleyway with my hero suit on. I looked down at my getup. "What a fanboy," I muttered. Out of curiosity, I decided to charge up One for All. It worked. I went towards the wall, and decides to see if I could control the power in my dream. With all the force I could muster, I punched the wall. Although I did severe damage to the alleyway, I looked down to see my arm in one piece. It made me smile. "Finally."

Suddenly, there was a loud bang! It came from behind me. I spun around to see the source. Before I could, there was a pain in my side. I looked down to see blood staining my costume red. I stumbled back and fell on my butt. The figure with the gun was getting closer. I couldn't make them out, since they were silhouetted by the setting sun and the loss of blood was making me dizzy.

The person finally came close enough so I could mame out who it was. It was...someone who I knew. My mind searched for her name.

She loaded the gun and walked I've to me, pressing it against my forehead. Right before she pulled the trigger, a name popped into my head. "Uraraka!"

The gun went off, but I didn't feel any pain. I opened my eyes and I was the one holding the gun. I looked down at Uraraka. Her blood and brains were splattered over the ruined wall and there was a distinct bullet wound in her side. I looked down. I wasn't wearing my hero suit anymore and there was no more blood. Instead, I was wearing the suit the villains had made me.

There were a few cries from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see the Class 1-A. They looked horrified. I don't know why I did it, but I simply gave them a sickly smile. "Oopsies."

I jolted awake. I could feel the sweat cooling. It had felt real. I looked down at me arm. It was still fine, but what if I had accidentally used One for All in my sleep? I could paralyze myself.

And Uraraka...I wouldn't actually...kill her. Right? I wouldn't kill anyone I knew. I don't think I could live with myself if I did. The horrified looks from my classmates and the blood was ingrained in my brain.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't focus on anything. Kurogiri eventually cut our lesson short so I could tell him what was wrong. I explained my dream, and he simply nodded. "You're going to have to prepare to kill whoever we need you to kill, Izuku."

I shivered. "O-oh...okay."

Even though the heroes had never really believed in me, even though society had tossed me aside to fend for myself, even though All Might had given me a power only to hurt me...I didn't know if I could kill them. Not my...friends.

But...were they my friends? No one stopped me from leaving Class 1-A. I bet no one even cared that I was stuck in Class 1-C. Everyone probably forgot about me by now. I'm the one who won't let it go...

"Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!"

"Izuku?"

I froze. "S-sorry. I'm okay."

"Maybe you should get some rest-"

"No way!"

I bit my lip. I didn't mean to snap at him. "I-I mean..."

"Was the nightmare really so bad that you can't sleep?"

I shrugged. "I...I don't know. I haven't had a dream since I came here, but now..."

"If you're having trouble with nightmares, I can give you something tonight."

I nodded. "That'd be nice."

~
This update is really just rambling, but I hope KT turned out okay. For some reason, I really like writing nightmares, so there you go. Its now an official story of mine. I can't think of one story that I have that doesn't include a nightmare/dream in it...

Well, I hope the next update comes soon!

Also...WHY IS SEASON 2 OVER!!

I've read the manga, so I know what happens, but I love watching it play out in front of my eyes. Also, so many story arcs next season!! (If your reading this and haven't read the manga, you should. The anime is caught up to Chapter 70 right now and the manga had 154 chapters right now. So get on it!)