T w e l v e

I walk into the house, Grayson behind me.
I felt great and so did he. But around that corner, was the end of me and him. The end of our relationship.

"I want y'all to sit down right now." Alexandra demands.
The unexpected mood change had me and Grayson struck.
I sit down on the couch.
"I'm so disgusted, I could be sick." She says.
I was confused, why was she acting like this?
"What's going on?" Grayson asks.
"How about you tell us what's going on between you two?" My father folds his arms.

My heart sunk, they knew. I knew they would find out, I tried to tell him.

"Do you understand how wrong that is?"

"We don't know what you are talking about." Grayson lies.

"Grayson don't act dumb with me, Tucker came by earlier today to tell us he saw you kissing on the beach." Alexandra says.

My blood boiling with anger, not only because of Tucker but because of Alexandra.

What makes her think anything she's said about me is any better than what I did, especially my own father talking behind my back.

Her yelling soon becomes chimes in my ears, I wasn't listening nor was I ignoring her.

I had so much surrounding me all I could do is break down.

"Tears don't work for me, maybe for your mom though!"

That started it.

"Maybe you shouldn't talk about me or my mother, that's all you do is start things. My mom is so much more happier without my dad and that's exactly how I feel when I'm with Grayson!"

"I'm sorry you don't like me and I'm sorry for wanting to finally wanting to be happy!"

I run out of the house, down to the beach.
I had to let everything out.

My knees soon hit the cold sand floor. Crying as if nobody were watching or listening.

I feel a warm hand against the back of my shoulder. "Mikayla." Grayson's voice filled with sympathy.

He pulls me into a hug and I cry into his chest.
"I do love you, Mikayla." He holds me tight.

"Grayson, we can't love each other we're step siblings. That's all we ever can be." It hurt to say it.

His body now felt cold.

Why did I try to so hard if I knew it wouldn't have gotten anywhere?

-
The flight home was exhausting, nobody spoke nor looked at each other.

"I'm here." I look at my phone to see a text from my mom.

Without talking or hesitation, I leave.

I unclip the necklace from my neck.
I toss it into the street.

I can't love him.

Or that's why I tried to tell myself.
-

Thank you all for reading, I love you all.

A new story is to be out very soon! ❤️

I'm at an ending where at I can make a sequel to this story, if y'all are interested in that let me know and I can get to working on it!