“I was just talking about Dhruvika.” His mother pouted, as her eyes twinkle with unsaid happiness. All traces of sadness now gone.

“Of course you were.” Hari added sarcastically earning a glare from her.

“Guys.. what is going on?” Cherry asked, confused.

“Nothing, Dhruvika is outside. She wants to see you last just like last time. And let me tell you, she is very much on her nervous, you are going to have a hard time dealing with her. And let me tell you, it is very difficult controlling women when they are angry.” Hair said earning yet another glare from Karthika as Ram laughed, warmth flooding him.

Well it was safe to say that he did know one or two about angry Dhruvika. He could still feel the sting in his cheeks from the slap she had once given him.

And, Oh boy, how much he wanted to see her now.

***

Pacing left and right in front of the hospital room, she looked once again at her watch.

Ten minutes, it’s been ten minutes since they went inside.

Dhruvika huffed, her patience running  thin. She wanted to see him. Hug him. Kiss him. Make sure he was fine.

But she knew that his parents also needed him. Yet she couldn’t keep calm.

Kiran started teasing her to no extend and her traitors of a best friend and sister showed her no mercy. Shravanya was the only one defending her.

Soon Cherry’s parents came out and by the look of happiness in the parent's  face, she knew he was alright. But to completely believe it, she had to see him herself.

She took more breaths as her parents went next, after promising her to not take much time.

They seemed to have forgotten the promise they gave her as she once again found herself losing patience. Seeing her patience go thin, Naveen, Sophie and his colleagues from the department decided to visit Cherry some other time.

Even though Dhruvika felt bad thinking it was because of her, she felt happy that she could see him sooner. She thanked them whole heartedly and started pacing once again across the room cursing her sister for taking too much time with her Jeeju.

Daadaji was the quickest to go in and come out. Then went Kiran, Feroz, Shravanya and Shikha.

It was her after them. Her heart leapt in joy as she realized she could see him in a bit.

But once they were out of the room after the long banter, she found herself feeling nervous. She could feel the tears that she had managed to hold on all these time since he left her in her sleep, threatening to hit her with full force.

****

He felt tired. All he wanted was to sleep. But he hadn’t seen her yet. Each time the door opened, his heart expected to see her face. And each time he was mistaken.

The too much talking was tiring him down. But the strong desire to see her made him go.

The door opened once again, but no one stepped in. The visitor seemed reluctant to enter, it seemed. And instantly he knew who it was and why she was reluctant.

He sat straight, adjusting his hair and got ready for the puppy eyes if she looked angry.

But as she entered the room, he once again realized that the puppy eyes wasn’t going to work.

She stood at the door looking at him. And he looked back, taking her in, head to toe.

She was wearing blue.