New Challenge

Vlad Ruthollis above. I totally love his eyes guys and so does Maya.

But she is way too smart, sometimes for her own good. Enjoy this chapter, it is way too fun to be missed.

_________________________________________________

"Hey Maya, where are you? Is the book-"

Darlene abruptly stops when she sees me and gorgeous eyes in the position we are. Awkward. I get out of the position I was in with gorgeous eyes and stand in front of Darlene and hand over her book.

"Here is your book, it was high up so it took some time." I smile apologetically, still aware of the hard stare gorgeous eyes was giving me.

"Oh no darling, it's perfectly fine. Vlad, don't disturb my customers." She smiles with amusement and a mixture of glare towards gorgeous eyes also known as Vlad.

"I would keep that in mind, grandma D." Vlad replied without any emotion.

Darlene leaves and that is when I turn around and face gorgeous eyes again.

And get mesmerized by his eyes, again.

"Hey, I am Maya Rook, nice to meet you." I introduce myself politely and put my hand forward for a handshake.

He accepts it without a hesitation and replies with a small smirk, "Vlad Ruthollis, nice to meet you too."

And then he kisses my hand. So old fashioned that I internally cringe.

He is hot. More hot then hot, I won't deny it, but just by observing him I can tell that there is something off.

He hadn't smiled once. When Darlene came up to him, he was emotionless. And the fact that he smirked gives out the fact that he is egoistic, full of himself and incapable of a normal greeting.

His kiss gave away that he wants to charm everyone he meets on first sight.

And all these observations summed up do not have a nice overall picture in my head.

"I have never seen you around in Lawliet. Are you new?" I ask politely, still trying to deduct his intentions and personality he has hidden so well. I know something is off. I just know.

I am always observing everyone around me. It is a normal habit of mine to try and deduct everything about them just by observing them.

"Yes, I am new, as a matter of fact. I just got transferred from Chicago and will be attending Lawliet University." He replied, now leaning again the bookshelf casually with arms crossed across his chest. He sure does workout, and it seems like he plays some sort of sport too.

"Oh, so you are the news that everyone is buzzing about, apparently." I say while rubbing my arm.

The expression on his face reveals that he loves to be the centre of attention. Typical.

"Yeah well, what can I say? News seems to be following me without breaking a sweat." He replied with a wider smirk.

Huh, new tactic, trying to distract me with his charm, but he doesn't know who he is dealing with.

But there was just something in the way his expression twisted before replying; it was almost hateful rather than appreciative, and based on my observation, it seems that he is putting a cover on something big.

"Well I guess I will meet you at The University, if we meet, that is." I replied, putting an end to this head swirling conversation.

Honestly, no one had been hard to deduce ever before but he might have earned a place in my challenge book, place no. 1.