Everything Disappeared

Bumpy. That is how I would describe today's morning. Who wouldn't love to have a foamy cup of coffee at a Cafe with a good novel? Definitely not me.

After giving a long 2 hour test of English at my University I am seriously tired and out my wits. The professors sure know how to teach kids in the best worst way possible.

I study at Lawliet university, a Psychology and Literature student at top of my University, first year student. Not kidding people.

The city of Lawliet has amazing malls, cool parks and great clubs. It is famous around and I love my town, which has a population of 1 million.

We also have the best facilities and being near New York has its advantages, doesn't it?

Sometimes passion becomes a lot of stress too. And being a psychology student can itself take a toll on you, but it is one of the best things in my life.

I want to become a Psychologist in criminal branch and work with FBI or I can always make a career in basketball, so yeah, I love my life.

I love my studies too. They give me a sense of direction and hope, a hope for making this world a better place, even if that place is as small as my apartment.

Today, I was wearing a loose white full sleeve t-shirt rolled up to the elbows with eternity symbol, along with my converse and blue washed jeans. My black hair was left open with blonde highlights and a beanie.

It felt good to be simple and elegant with no makeup. I dislike makeup with a passion. I have pure black eyes, pale complexion and tattoos on both of my hands till my shoulders and my back.

Each and every single of them had a meaning. A meaning deeply engraved in my soul.

Anyways, all these thoughts can wait for later. I am seriously craving my coffee.

Entering Canleen's Cafe, I quickly rushed over to the counter.

"Hey honey, how can I help you?" A girl slightly older than me asked in a sweet voice.

Usually, the students from the Universities work around here but I guess this lady is new. This area is a Uni hub, I guess. And a great place to make friends and party.

"I would like to have a three iced Cappuccino with some brownies and a chocolate tart, thanks."

After paying for the coffee, I headed towards my chosen place in the shop. Every person, and I mean every single person, have this one spot in a coffee shop which they love so much that they could live there forever. I do.

Reaching the place, I already see my two best friends settled in. Great. At least didn't have to wait.

"Hey M. How was your day?" Jake asked.

Jake Hyde is a science student and he is at the top of his collage along with being in the basketball team. He has a face and swag to kill for. He is in second year of University and wants to become a professional in basketball. But to me he will always be a goof.

His parents were both doctors. His mother Layla Hyde, is a dermatologist and his father Damien Hyde, is a cardiologist.

"Yeah Maya, you didn't even picked up my calls, is everything all right?" Charlotte asked in a worried tone.

And here comes Charlotte Jade. The decoration and final touch up of our frio. She is way too bubbly and cute for her own good and we both had been best friends since birth. She was doing a course in legal studies and wanted to become a lawyer.

Her mother Kira Jade is a proud owner of a chain of bakery shops while her father was a drunk abuser who left them when she was 15 years old.

This is one of the reason why me and Jake treat her as the baby girl of the group. Jake is like her elder brother while I play the role of her big sister, one big happy family.