What About Us?

24. "What About us?"

Everything that comes to us, belongs to us, if we create the capacity to to receive it.
-Rabindranath Tagor

Flashback-

Rosie ran into a BarLove as the rain poured down heavily outside. She walked over to the bar and sat down on the stool, drenched. The male bartender said, "Before you order a drink, do you want a towel?"

Rosie laughed, so cutely and said, "Yes, but Im waiting for someone. Its some great news Im about to share. Get some Strawberry Sangria's ready please." She felt some long arms wrap around her body, not making her tense up or even flinch. The reason that is because, this embrace wouldnt hurt a fly. It was of her loving girlfriend, Harley. Rosie turned around and Harley kissed her. Rosie heartraced, thinking what would the bartender think. Rosie had picked to come to this bar being it was miles away from anyone that she even knew. Harley loved to showing affection in public. She took her seat as the man gave Rosie a towel.

"Two Strawberry Sangria's for two sexy ladies." He said sliding them in front of us. Harley grabbed her and looked at Rosie with her big cut bug eyes and said, "Sangria. Hmmm, something of importance. Thats odd , because I have something important to tell you as well."

Rosie and Harley both spoke seconds later, simuntaneously, "You first." They laughed and Rosie exhaled, "Go."

Harley confessed, "I suppose to told you this a week ago, but I didnt know how you was going to take it. However, last night it dawned on me. We are in love, you are my pride and joy. I want to give you the world and what way to start that than by showing you it--" Harley went into her beige trenchcoat and pulled out a letter, before continuing.

"I have been accepted to practice medicine over in Africa. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to me. You love animals and they are paying for my house. This would be a nice thing for us--"Harley stop speaking as she seen tears rolling down Rosie's face. Rosie pursed her lip, as the water from her eyes grazed over them.

"I cant. Ive been accepted into Medical School." Rosie blurted out, which sounded like nails to a chalkboard to Harley.

"You love me. You are really choosing Medical School over me. I thought I lit up your day. I awakened things in you , you never thought was there. Come with me, please." She reached across the bar table and placed her hand on top of Rosie's."

They stared at one another as Rosie snatched away and a quickly threw a 100 dollar bill on the counter and ran for the door, back into the pouring rain.

Present Day

9:44 PM

Rosie Jones

As my memory of the last time I seen Harley before today, finished replaying in my head, I finished washing up before this vocal cord surgery. I took a deep breath and walked into the O.R. I have been preparing all day for the surgery for Tommy, with Harley. As he requested a private surgery, because he is in the running for an amazing singing scholarship and if anyone breaks wind of this to the media, he could lose it. So its only Harley and I, just my damn luck. I walked around and stood adjacent to her. She looked at me and said, "Nice of you to finally join me, Doctor Jones. I was starting to think you have abandon me-I mean it wouldnt be the first time--burn this lump on the cord please." We had found that it was lumps on the cord causing problems. We ruled out cancer and many other diagnoses, it was actually just because he started singing a different sort a way, it cause them to press up against one another and cause friction. Friction causes heat. Heat causes soreness. Soreness makes bumps or shall I say lumps. Its 8 of them and Harley and I suppose to burn them off quickly and precisely not to damage his vocal cords.