As Our World Crashes Down.

16. "As Our World Crashes Down."

"dont have a fear of flying; I have a fear of crashing."
-BILLY BOB THORNTON.

REGGIE

As all our bodies stood in the cold, hard, windy rain no one spoke. The last words that escaped Doctor Avery tongue was enough to fill a church on Sunday evening. However as a lightning bolt flew across the sky, my bestfriend Andre mouth parted with a defense.

"It only happened 4 times, only because he was blackmailing me to. If I didnt give myself to him he would have went to board about me." I chimed in, "The board about what? What did you do that--"

Phil cut me off and said, "I caught him sleeping with a patient a few months back around the time I first got here. I needed some leverage on yall, being the new guy-" he looked over to Avery and said, "Believe me baby, nothing happened lately. I ended."

Avery snapped, "I WANT YOU OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.YOU BETTER HELP HIM, ANDRE." His pager went off and he continued, "I have to go." I looked over at Andre in disgust. He had gay encounters with Phil. What the fuck? He didnt even tell me about this. I looked over at Rosie and Ku. They was still in shock over the fight that had just transpired.

I walked over to them and snapped my fingers. "Girls, lets get out of this rain." I grabbed their wrist and we walked toward the door. I heard Andre calling out my name, but I ignored it. He is on my shit list. We never keep nothing from eachother. What the hell was this?

I turned to him and said, "so much for friendship."

We all went to the lockers, showered , and changed into new scrubs. Just as I placed my pager on, it buzzed. A trauma just walked throught the doors Doctor Young and Tucker needs me. I ran out of the lockerroom and down the hall. As I turned into the trauma area,I came to a quick halt.

I gasped, "What-What is going on?"

Doctor Tucker turned around to me and said, "Boating accident. His leg have been almost completely severed by the motor boat propeller. His right leg looked like hack sushi. He was screaming to the top of his lungs. I mumbled, "wow through all that and he still have the nerve in his leg. However, that is a good sign.

"Lets save this guys leg." I said.

*meanwhile*

ROSIE.

I walked over to the O.R board and erased the old surgies that had already taken place. As I spotted the name Dr.Rowell my body shivered. I hated this man. It was enough for me and Felicity can share. It has to be something keeping her there. I just dont know. I heard a voice say, "Hey, how you do Doctor Jones.?" I turned around and it was Chief Chang. I exchange greetings and started talking, but all I can hear was Grace in my head telling me to tell the Chief what I know. I really wanna help Dr.Tucker get out of this situation.

He said, "Earth to Rosie, are you okay?" I exhaled, "Actually, Chief im not. I was wondering can we talk about something."

He wiped around his mouth and replied, "well thats great timing, because something have been brought to my attention and its revolving you. I was coming to tell you that I would like to have a meeting with you around 7, I have a surgery with a leg guy that Dr.Tucker, just brought up."

I gave him a sly smile and said,"perfect." He walked off and I exhaled. Im about to finally be rid of this, but I was wondering what do he have to tell me about.

4:56 P.M

KU PILLAI

I rubbed Andre head as he laid on my lap in the sleeping room on a bed. My back was up against the wall. It was no talking just a moment of peace. He needed it. That Phil Novak has been like a poison we cant get rid of. But this have crossed lines that should have never been drawn.