Part 44- Arjun meets his mother

His phone rang suddenly,it was Naira, he panicked thinking if Keerti is fine and picked up.

Naksh- Naira  what happened,is everything okay?Keerti' s okay?

Naira- Not yet bhai but everything will be okay. Bhai, bhabhi is going to meet Arjun tommorow.

Naksh- What? H..How?

Naira-  Kaira brought this up while our dinner about Arjun' s match, as  Karthik and I were busy , Bhabhi insisted on going with her.

Naksh squeeled in happiness thinking of the scene where Arjun and Keerti would meet.

Naksh- But Naira is she okay? did she take medicines?

Naira- She is normal only bhai, yaa I did check on her sometime back and give her medicines, dont wo..

Suddenly, Naira heard  a loud scream followed by a crashing sound.

Naira- Bhai I will call you back..

Her eyes filled with fear, she ran across the corridor to Keerti's room .

Naksh could hear  it was Keerti's scream, he panicked in fear and drove to Goenka Mansion.

Naksh  kept calling Naira but her phone was busy, he entered the house hesitantly and found all the family members sitting there and Naira was roaming here and there  talking in the phone.

Dadi noticed him and stood up.

Kdadi- Daamad ji aap yahan..

Naksh- Haan I felt Keerti is in some problem I just drove here immediately .. Is he fine what happened why do you all look so worried.

Manish- Naira heard her shouting and we went to calm her down but couldn't we called the doctor but he says she is just having nightmares. We are not able to calm her down,looks like something is disturbing her she has fever too..

Naksh- Oh my god, please can I see her...

Manish- Naksh beta you don't have to say please go and try if she calms down, she is not responding to us..

Naira- Bhai come with me

Naksh followed her. A table lamp was lit in her room and he found Keerti  tossing restlessly on her bed, speaking incoherently in her unconsciousness.
A jug of water laid broken on the floor.

Naira rushed to her side but she couldn't control her.
Helplessly she said, "Bhai do something, I guess she's having  some brutal nightmare."

Naksh rushed to her side and took charge.

He climbed on the bed and held her in his arms, speaking softly to her, consoling her, carassing her.

"Keerti, it's alright. You're not alone. I'm here with you, OK. It's all going to be fine." He repeated the words, speaking softly, until the tossing subsided.

He settled her on the bed and touched her forehead.

her body was burning up!
"She's running very high fever, Naira," Naksh said.

Naira- I did give her medicines as per doctor's advice bhai.

"Not helping,please get me some napkins and ice water." Naira ran out of the room to do as told.

Naksh gently laid Keerti down and sat next to her.

Naira returned with a bowl of ice water and napkins and they silently worked together, applying the cold compress to
Keerti's palm, legs and forehead.

Once the fever abated, Naksh covered her over by the warm comforter.

He gently stroked her cheek and got uo from the bed.Naira  followed him outside.