Chapter 3: Meeting the Kents

Start from the beginning

Hestia: Will you take her?

Me: Um, sure?

I looked down at the bundle in my arms and she stopped crying and smiled at me. And she let out an adorable giggle. My hart stopped. Then it melted and I was wrapped around her tiny finger. I instantly fell in love with her. I fell in love with the little patch of wavy raven hair. I fell in love with her eyes. Oh her eyes. Her eyes which are full of joy and laughter are the color of the sea. Then her arms came out of her blanket and reached out to me, and she giggled. I held her with one arm and tickled her with my fingers. She laughed and kept laughing. I love her laugh. She is a beautiful girl and I know she was mine. She was my daughter. Don't ask me how I knew, I just did.

Me: What's her name?

Hestia: Persephone Andromeda Jackson.

Pa: Like Sally Jackson? The woman who died in the fire?

Hephaestus: Yes Mr.Kent. Persephone is Sally's daughter.

That caught my attention. But I didn't say anything, nor did I look up from Percy.

Ma: Then why did you bring her to us? Why not the police?

Hestia: Persephone....

Me: Percy. Call her Percy.

Hestia smiled at me.

Hestia: Percy is my niece. Percy is the first daughter of Poseidon. So she is a child of the big three.

Pa: Who are the big three?

Me: Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. The sons of Cronus.

I nod to Hestia to continue.

Hestia: Very good, Clark. Poor Poseidon, he loved Sally. And he loves Percy. But he can't take her in.

Me: Why? Why can't he take in his daughter?!

I feel my anger growing.

Hestia: He lives under the sea and is married. Even though Percy would be able to breath underwater, he doesn't know how his wife will react to his child with another woman. Two, Zeus made a rule that the gods could have little to no contact with their children. And finally the main reason, the Big Three made a pact to not have any kids. They made this after World War II. And since Poseidon broke the pact he can't even acknowledge that he has a demigod baby or else she will be killed.

Pa: But what does that have to do with us?

Hephaestus: Not you Mr. Kent. Clark.

That really got my attention. I stopped playing with Percy and then started to rock her to sleep.

Me: Me?! What do you need me for?

Hephaestus: You, Clark Kent can protect my beloved cousin.

The god looks so serious. He seems to really care for Percy.

Me: I'm only 16! How can I protect Percy?! And now that I think about it, how do you know my name?

Hestia had a knowing look in her eye with a tad bit of humor.

Hestia: I'm a goddess, Remember?

I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid. Hestia shot a kind smile my way and Hephaestus smirked at me.