Chapter 8

Knave of Hearts

I groaned as i came to and i could feel the throbbing in my temple.
Damn she packs a punch.
I touched where she hit me and the spot was little tender.

I stood and headed back to the Red Queen.

When i arrived the Queen stood there smiling which as much as i love her creeps me out because I've done nothing for her to smile about.

"The knights said you found me another pet for my collection" she said as i came to a halt before kneeling.
So that's why she's smiling, she thinks she found a new pet.
"That i have my Queen, a magnificent beast"
I stood and she took my elbow as we headed inside the palace to where Alice is kept.
"I want to hear more" she said.

So i told her leaving out the fact that the beast can turn human.
I'm usually very open with my Queen but for some reason i felt like i had to protect this creature.

Natasha

Soon enough i reached the castle, shifted back and ask the guard to take me to the Queen.

I barged into the dinning room, " sorry for the intrusion Bianca but i have news"

She must've seen my face because she excused herself from the table and went to a room down the hall i hadn't noticed which just turned out to be a library.

"Alice has been taken by the Red Queens men" i said in one go.

"Oh Goddess, we have to get her back she is supposed to fight the Red Queens Jabber wocky as written in the prophecy." She said pacing frantically.

"Bianca calm down i can go get her"

"You can't go alone what if you get caught"

"She wont get caught i will go with her, also if they have Alice  we need to go sooner rather than later you know the Red  Queen will execute her right away." The Hatter said stepping fully into the library.

"You make a valid point so very well you may leave right away and please come back safe."

I ran up to the room i stayed in an packed a couple things i would need not having a full plan in mind but would make one on the way.

After 10 minutes i met Bianca, Hatter and Cheshire by the gate. I hadn't even noticed that Ches wasn't by my side.
He seems to always disappear when he's needed Ignite huffed.

After we said goodbye to the Queen we left at a fast pace of to the Red Queen.
Hopefully we get there in time, i still felt guilty for losing my concentration during the fight. I'm going to have to avoid the Knave at all cost.

Now why would avoid all that sexiness Ignite purred.

Damn horny dog

I just rolled my eyes not bothering to open that topic with her.

"So Hatter whats the plan" i asked
"Go in get Alice before it is off with her head and get out alive" he said so plainly.

I've never seen the Hatter so dull.

Knave of Hearts

When we arrived to cell where Alice was being held the Red Queen wasted no time in ordering that she be executed.
"So this child is supposed to slay my Jabberwocky and be my downfall" she said on looking at the frail girl.

"It would appear so your Redness"
"Off with her head" she yelled before storm out. I stayed to make sure everything was in order.

There was alot of bustle to get ready for the execution but finally it got done

Moments later i stood beside the queen as she sat in her court yard throne with all her subjects surrounding the stocks.

The girl Alice was placed in the stocks and as this was done her Redness stood and rose her hand.

As she brought it down, the blade came down also but before it could reach Alice's' neck the entire stocks went up in flames.

There was a collective of gasp and the Queen looked redder than usual.

Natasha

On the way i was playing with my flames to better understand it. When we arrived behind a very creatively cut hedge Alice had now been placed in some wood thingys.

Stocks Ignite said. Great way to be mid evil.

Ches was in charge of getting Alice out, Hatter was in charge of finding out a way out because I found out on the way here he used to make hats for the Red Queen so it left the rescuing to me.

As the Red Queens hand signaled the drop i created a bow and arrow with the flames and it had reached just in time only causing harm to the wood_ i mean stocks.

Just then Ches appeared next to Alice and was gone again faster than you could blink appearing next to me.

"Thank you so much, i thought i was a goner" Alice wept.

"Don't thank me yet we're not out of the woods"
I could hear the Red Queen barking orders and the marching of her soldiers.

"We need to move" i said grabbing Alice hand and practically dragged her behind me as we ran.

She's going to fall if we keep up our pace Ignite mused, which i didn't really find amusing.

Sighing i tugged her next to me as she stumbled and lifted her in my arms and to tell you she was surprisingly really light.

I picked up speed noticing that Cheshire was no where in sight so it was just Alice and i.

I finally arrived at the tree lime where Hatter waited.

" We need to hurry i can hear they are close" i said slightly out of breath handing Alice to the Hatter.

"Take her I'll hold them off" not bothering to argue the Hatter took off and Cheshire finally decided to show.

"Follow them make sure they reach safe I'll be fine"

He made note to protest but decided against it and just nodded. He touched my head before he disappeared and the shadows of the soldiers could be seen.

Here goes nothing i sighed shifted and taking stance in my wolf form. You ready i asked Ignite.
Always.