Chapter 14

A/N this chapter contains flash back of Natasha's' childhood.

When i had returned with Cheshire we wondered the forest looking for shelter til morning, having not found any we both climbed the tallest tree (well i climbed he floated) where we got comfortable and slept.

DREAM

I floating surrounded by nothing but darkness until i saw a flicker of a flame but as it got closer the flame bigger and hotter.

Finally it stopped ahead of me and i saw the most beautiful bird with a crown alight on its head.

The Royal Phoenix ignite said bowing her head and i followed suit.

Dear child you are the last of the Lupus Ignis birthed from my flames. As you have consumed the Jabberwocky it is time for you to find my ember and rekindle your fallen family.

 As you have consumed the Jabberwocky it is time for you to find my ember and rekindle your fallen family

Then i was engulfed in the flames of her wings.

I woke and felt the sun burn my face, groaning i shifted only to fall from the tree but as i was about to hit the ground flames spouted from my back to form wings slowing down my landing.

Freaky Ignite whispered.

I looked up to an always grinning Cheshire floating down towards me.
Sucky familiar i grumbled.

We walked a little ways from the tree where we slept and found a small stream were i drank and cleaned my skin. After i had finish washing up i use the flames to dry my body and we then continued on our journey to find a home.

We had decided to take a break when i saw a stone peeking out behind a set of vines.

Walking over to the stone and pulling away the vines i saw the words i instantly recognized:

LUPUS IGNIS

I'm home i whispered just as Cheshire walked over touching the rock and my shoulder, i felt a current pass through me and my head started to spin as i was thrown back into my past.

........................

"Wow" Natasha said astonished looking at the wolves shifting in the clearing.

They all we caught afire and it was beautiful even though they didn't look much like wolves and just a cluster of different color flames.

Well not really a wide selection of colors but they were blue, orange and red flames.

She jumped down from her mothers arm as a wolf with light blue flames approached them.

"Mommy look daddies pwetty" Natasha said petting her dad while he rubbed his snout into his little fire.

Her mother Miranda shifted and nuzzle her father Ignis before they played with little Natasha. Her mother had light orange flames that had almost looked yellow.
After hours of play the pack shifted back and headed to the dinning room

Natasha sat at the dinner table with a small cat wrapped around her neck with a smile on its face. "Chessi where were you did you see mommy and daddy they were beawtiful" she giggled as she pet the grinning cat.
.....................................

Cheshire removed his hands from my shoulder with a smile i was accustomed to.

I felt tears built and leaked out my eyes as i hugged him.

"I missed you" i whispered remembering he was my childhood not so imaginary friend.

"I know but i had to leave when you were taken" he said rubbing circles in my back.

"How was i taken" i asked. Touching the rock i was again bombarded with memories.
......................................

"Chessi! Cheshire where are you?" Natasha called from the garden feeling sad.

They were supposed to be playing hide and seek but the game had gotten boring as she couldn't find Chessi.

Realizing she had wonder further than she should Natasha gave up on finding her cat. After wondering for a while she became lost and decided to sit under a shaded old oak tree.

She don't know how long she sat there calling over and over again but her voice and herself became tired and before you know it her eyes closed and she started to fall asleep.

Moments later she woke in what looked like a small shack.

"Mommy, daddy, Chessi" Natasha whimpered over and over hoping someone would come

She sat there calling over and over with no reply.

After some time the door open and a burly looking man stood before her.

" you are to be our slave, welcome to the Blood Hound pack" he said before she was immediately put to work.
...................................

"Where were you the day i was taken"

"I was visiting wonderland which took longer than i expected, i was supposed to be hiding so i decided to slip away. I'm sorry" he said with a guilty look in his eyes which i didn't understand.

He still had that stupid smile though it had dropped a little but the guilt in his eyes spoke volumes.

"Come on we have to clean up this place and search for the Ember" i said taking his hand and walking towards the hung over vines behind the stone.

As we parted the vines i was left speechless at the sight i was graced with.
It looked the same as if untouched by time. I thought i would have been dusty house with over grown tress and shrubs but here it stood.

The fields were littered with the wolves of the Lupus Ignus pack but they made no movement and they had no flames they looked like ordinary wolves as though they were in a deep slumber

"They need the Ember to be re awaken. The day you were taken they fell into a deep sleep and lost their flames" Cheshire said answering my unspoken questions.

"Well lets get them inside, they've been laying out here for years nows"

I used my flames to help transport my pack down to the basement instead of individual rooms because it would be easier.

After we finished it was dark out so we ate and turned in deciding to start our search for the Ember tomorrow.