5. The Spirit Plane

The land was now covered in mist. Jet wasn't sure where he was now. It wasn't Calbar. The mist was green and made everything else around look green as well.

"Where am I?" Jet questioned out loud.

The air was cold. Jet could see his breath as he exhaled.

"Hello?" he called out.

There was only silence. He decided he couldn't just sit around. Jet stood up from the moss-covered ground. He noticed his scarf was gone. Wrathel still had it. That made him angry as the memories seemed to flood back. Dustan's lifeless face seemed to stare back at him each time he closed his eyes.

"Don't think about the memories that will haunt you," a voice said.

Jet opened his eyes and looked around. There wasn't anyone there.

"Who's there?" Jet asked.

"One of many spirits here," the voice said back. A transparent green figure appeared out of the mist. The smoky figure looked like the aura that had appeared around Dustan's hands.

"Spirits? Like the Element?"

"Quite."

The spirit waved his hand. The mist cleared around them, but kept the distant unknown landscape a pale green.

"So where is this?" Jet asked.

"Your Element seemed to have awoken just in time for you to enter the Spirit Plane."

Jet looked around. He wasn't sure what an Elemental Plane would look like for Spirit Elementalists. "Did my brother send me here with his Element?" Jet asked, not fully understanding the spirit.

"You brought yourself here, Jet."

Jet looked at his own hands, expecting to see the Elemental aura. There wasn't anything.

"How do I get out?"

"We are just an Element. You must do that on your own," the spirit said.

The spirit vanished, fading in with the mist. Jet began to walk into the mist. It wasn't thick enough to hinder his vision, but the green hue to everything was off putting.

The Spirit Plane continued to go on endlessly. It didn't stop Jet from trying to get somewhere, or anywhere.

"You need to use your Element, if you expect to get anywhere," another spirit said, appearing near Jet. The spirit floated next to him as he walked.

"I don't know how," Jet replied without taking his eyes away from his path.

"Well you call on the energy that the spirits provide."

Jet frowned. He wasn't sure how to do that. It wasn't even long ago when he didn't know there were Spirit Elementalists or Soul Elementalists.

"Here let me show you," the spirit said as it moved to be in front of Jet.

Jet stopped. The spirit held its hand out. Jet was hesitant but took it. The spirit smiled, or at least Jet thought it did.

"Now, I'm sure you can feel the Elemental energy," it said to Jet.

Jet could. He immediately felt energy coursing through him. He was shocked by it. He had never imagined what it would feel like to be an Elementalist, and now he was one.

"It'll be a bit different in the material plane, your own world. But it is pretty much the same idea. You draw energy from this Plane. That's what all Elementalist do. The power and Element come from the Planes, while the Elementalist is the one who summons it and controls it."