Chapter 34

You looked at yourself through your mirror, a content smile on your face as you examined yourself. You wore a simple maroon dress with white lace decorating the chest and skirt. Your hair was neatly styled and Eliza had assisted you in applying a light layer of makeup.

"Are you ready to go, my dear?" Eliza asked you, knocking on the door softly. You stood up, straightening the small wrinkles that had formed in your dress from sitting down.

"I'm quite nervous but I'm extremely excited!" you replied, grabbing your (f/c) book bag that sat next to your vanity. You slipped the bag onto your arms, making sure it was comfortable.

The two of you exited your room, walking down the stairway and into the sitting room. There sat Philip, doodling on a piece of parchment as he waited for you. Eliza cleared her throat, catching the attention of Philip.

He stood from his seat, looking at you with a bright smile. Oak layed on his stomach next to Philip's chair, and jumped up happily when you entered the room. His tail wagging rappidly as he ran to your side.

You giggled, picking up the small puppy and rubbing his stomach lovingly. Philip came up to you, placing a reassuring hand onto your shoulder.

"Are you ready? We don't have to go if you don't fee-" Philip started, but you interrupted him.

"I'll be fine, Philly, let's get going,"

[x]

You arrived at the college. A gigantic campus with buildings that touched the sky. There was beautiful wildlife growing, and the campus was bustling with busy students who were rushing to get to their classes.

You hesitantly took your first step onto the campus, your heart pounding in your ears as you began your journey towards your first class.

Your first class of the day was Journalism, the same class as Philip. From what he had told you the class had a rigorous curriculum and was extremely competitive. His father had already made a name here, and you were more than prepared to do the same.