Chapter 1: Reuniting Lost Allies

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter nor the Legend of King Arthur

Key:

"Spells"

Thoughts

Telepathy

"Conversation"

Chapter 1: Reuniting Lost Allies

The Next Day...

The Morning after saw the fortress of Avalon, it's crumbling towers and worn, unmanned battlements still standing proud, filled with a sound that it had not heard for many centuries, laughter. King Arthur and Harry sat in a large feast hall, sitting across from each other at the middle of a long, dark Oak table with silver edges, eating food prepared by a pair of humanoid stone golems, or as Arthur called them, Atronachs. The aged king was recounting one of his misadventures from before he was king, when he was arrogant and mischievous.

"... So me and my friends went back to the castle, all of dressed exactly like Merlin, right down to his beard and staff. We would walk around like that and cause the guards so much headache, as one of us would leave a room, and then another would immediately enter from another entrance. It was brilliant, and it only got better, Merlin, the sly warlock, joined in on it, allowing us to speak like him with a spell he had! My dad claimed that he had nearly the entire staff fired as he thought they were going insane, before he caught all of us and scolded us, but Merlin got us out of us, teleporting us out of the castle." Arthur recounted, showing a moving picture of six Merlins, before five became different people, all of them laughing.

Harry laughed as Arthur continued to tell other stories as they ate, as well as demonstrating his still impressive dexterity, flipping various knives, forks, even a sword, and catching them. Eventually though, the king stopped, as he and Harry had to go make a trip to the goblins.

"The goblins of Clan Gringott are part of the reason Excalibur even exists." King Arthur explained, putting said sword on his belt, "The blade itself is made of Mithril and was the magnum opus of the clan's finest blacksmith, the clan gave it to me for saving them from decimation by the wizards of the original Council of Mages. They also made me a 'credited one' or a 'gekrediteer een' in the goblin tongue. That title means that the Gringott clan owes me till my death, or until they repay the favor. I will be calling that favor in to have them recognize you as my heir." He looked to Harry, "And it would make your claim unwaivable, as you would be, on all accounts, my son."

Harry's eyes lit up, "You have Gringotts in your debt!? They control all of Magical Britain's banking, and are the most powerful of the Goblin Clans!"

King Arthur smirked, "So it would seem that they are near-unassailable then, do you know where they are located?"

Harry nodded,

"Grab the hilt of Excalibur, it's magic will take us there." Arthur instructed, holding out the sheathed sword,

Harry eagerly grabbed the handle of the blade, it's magic singing at his touch and, as if knowing what Harry wanted, teleported them to Diagon Alley, in a small alley that was designated for Portkey and Apparition users.

King Arthur looked around the crowded streets, "Well, things have certainly changed, now is that building held by Clan Gringotts?" He asked, pointing to a tall building of white marble with accents of iron and steel.

Harry nodded, "I went a few times with James a few times, usually when he was getting something for Lily, and needed an excuse to come here."

King Arthur frowned, but regained his smile, "We will have to replace those memories with better ones, now won't we?" He said, before lifting Harry onto his shoulder