The Dance

Alex P.O.V.

I had a vampire costume on for the Halloween party. It wasn't great but it was what it was.

"Hello! I'm Mrs. Laurens, you must be John's boyfriend! He talks about you non-stop" (see what I did there hehe)
"Really?" I asked hopefully.
"Yeah! He goes on and on about what a gentlemen you are and how nice you treat him now" she said.
"No I don't!! Shut up!" John said from behind her as they both started laughing. John had a purple witch costume on. He looked adorable in it.
"I'll see you guys later!" His mom said as she hugged John goodbye. It made me jealous and sad. Why couldn't my mom have just stayed a little longer? I looked at John as he grabbed me hand.

"I got you flowers, again" I said handing him some purple flowers. I was super nervous and scared John would bail on me. He took the flowers happily and kissed my cheek.
"Thanks for coming with me" I said happily as I wrapped an arm around his neck in a hug
"Thanks for inviting me" he replied. I opened his door for him and he got in the car.
"If you think this is big, imagine what I'll do to ask you to prom" I said nudging him.
"What if I ask you first?" He questioned. I looked at him doubtfully but he just smiled at me happily
"Let's go!" He said kissing my cheek. I nodded and drove us to the school.

I got us something to drink. As soon as I left John and went to the snack table place thingy I noticed Lafayette walk up to John. 'Oh no' I thought. I came back and looked at John and Lafayette as if expecting an explanation.

"Have a great night" Lafayette smirked as he walked off. I handed John something to drink and took a sip of my drink.

"What'd he say?" I asked. He shook his head and looked away.
"Nothing"
"If it was just nothing then you'd tell me" I pointed out trying to keep my voice as calm as I could. I really didn't want to scare him
"I can't tell you! He'll hurt me!" He said as tears welled up in his eyes. I put a hand on Johns cheek and wiped away tears.

"We'll talk about it later, don't let Lafayette ruin our night" I said smiling. He nodded.

"I like your costume" I said trying to change the subject
"T-Thanks" he stuttered. I've observed something about John, he always stutters when he's intimidated or scared.
"I have to go to the bathroom" I lied
"O-ok"

I left the dance and went home. I know it's rude to just leave, especially since I'm his ride, but he's still scared of me. How am I supposed to be in a relationship if he's scared of me? How do I know if he's only dating me because he's scared of me?

                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: where'd you go?
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damnit. I just won't respond. Easy.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: Alex?
John: where are you?
John: please come back
John: Lafayette won't leave me alone
John: Alex?
John: Please respond
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm starting to feel bad. Why shouldn't I? What I just did was terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks up with me tomorrow.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: where have you been?
John: the dance just ended
John: ...I'll just call my mom to pick me up
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no. I'm such an idiot. He hates me now, doesn't he?

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John: Lafayette keeps telling me you want to break up
John: do you?

An hour later

John: please respond
John: you're worrying me
John: did I do something wrong?
John: we can break up if you want...