chapter 9

Leah’s POV

So Monday arrived, I’ve thought about what Jack said all day on Sunday and I have chosen that I will talk to Adrian…just not today and maybe tomorrow or the next. I mentally hit myself; no I’m not chickening out I scolded myself; I never back down from a fight.

So with my head held high I walked into school and entered my math’s class. I smelt him before I saw him, guess it’s because my wolf knows were mates so is more tuned in with his whereabouts. Walking in class, I noticed that Adrian strategically placed himself where I could not sit, at the far back where the other delinquents sat.

Sighing I opted with the seat in front next to Sam, a sweet girl and soon went back to pay attention to Mr Twinkle. Even his name couldn’t brighten up my mood. After class, I caught up to Jules and Max only to turn around and walk away from them spit swapping, which started getting more physical if you know what I mean.

All alone I went through my classes, and constantly passed Adrian. I hadn’t got up the never to go talk to him, so I did what I said, ignored him but was so desperate to touch and hold him. Forcing myself to walk I joined my friends at the lunch table.

I ended up playing with my food because I wasn’t very hungry, Jules and the others noticed and tried to talk to me but instead of lying and saying I’m fine. I just told them that I needed to be alone, with that grabbed my tray and left the cafeteria, leaving them all worried.

Soon enough school ended, and realized that I’ve just chicken out in talking to Adrian…I should be ashamed of myself I thought sadly. Without waiting for Jules I hurried out to my bike, in one swift movement, put on my helmet and started the ignition and drove the Hell out of there. I reached my home only to enter a quiet house, thinking that I needed a run; I dropped my bag at the entrance and walked to the back. Jogged to the woods, I stripped, shifted and ran.

In my wolf form my heightened senses kept me alert to anything and everything, from the birds in the trees to the scattering animals. I ran until my legs ached and my breathing became heavy, nearby I heard water. Panting I slowly walked to the stream, bent down and lapped up some water.

Soon I noticed that I wasn’t alone, I looked around to spot a dark figure in the trees. After a few minutes of debating, he slowly stepped out of hiding and into the light, staring down at me with those eyes. As he stepped out, his wolf became more visible from the last time I saw him. I looked him up and down, still not believing that he is my mate, well I still like to think he’s my mate even after the rejection.

Standing there I observed him, he looks so strong and powerful, like he demands respect. We just stood there staring at each other, neither one of us moving. I noticed that he was going to say something by the look in his eyes, instead of listening I turned around and walked away never once turning back, because I’m pretty sure one look and next thing I know, I’ll be on top of him once again staring at those luscious eyes that always seem to draw me in.

Adrian’s POV

I watched as she walked away from me, not once turning around. She really thinks I rejected her; I walked to where she was standing and stayed there just taking in her vanilla and chocolate scent. I didn’t know that she would be here, all I know was that I had the urge to go for a run even though it’s daytime which I rarely do. Running I soon came across Leah by the stream; I had to get closer, to be near my mate.

She looked so blank; her bright mischievous blue eyes were replaced by the dull, dark mood that seems to surround us. Throughout the whole day she wasn’t herself and yes I was watching over her but not like a stalker, more of a protector…from something…like me. I had to make sure she was alright, but obviously wasn’t. I blamed myself for that and was going to apologize but she walked away, like she knew I was going to say something and didn’t want to hear it.