chapter 1

Just so you know this is my first book
so dont eat me 
the beginnings lame but will get better i think.....what i'm only human or am I...0.o
Thanks for reading!!
ah thank you *bows*  

Adrian’s POV:

"Adrian darling, get up! You need to get your ass up and get to school before you’re late."

And there’s my Grandmother. She always seems to know what sweet things to say to get me out of bed, I thought sarcastically. Mumbling quietly, I dragged myself out of bed and started undressing. I bathed quickly, massaging shampoo through my dark hair and scrubbing in ‘all the right places.’ (Yeah, sorry for that visual, but you know what I mean.) With the towel hanging loosely around my waist, I grabbed my baggy jeans and t-shirt, slipping them on and snagging my favourite dark hoodie off of the door handle. Then, I moved to my mirror, observing my reflection.

"Why do I have to look like this?" I questioned myself for the umpteenth time. My gaze travelled from my feet to my waist, taking in the tanned skin and muscular legs. This is the only normal part of my body - if you didn’t include the black tail hanging at the back that I always had to tuck it into my pants. Sighing, I regarded my toned torso, arms, and large hands with claw-like nails protruding from the ends of my fingers. Oh wait – did I say claw-like? The things I liked to sugarcoat and call very long nails, were actually claws. They were like death traps – if I was into fondling and/or feeling up a girl.

“That’s why I wear gloves,” I said to myself, slipping a pair on. Carrying on to my head and facial features, I swept back a curl of midnight-black hair that dangled in front of my bright, golden eyes to the side.  Any human would have thought they were contacts, but contacts don’t change colour, do they? I also had a well-defined facial structure, complementary of my dad, with sharp, high cheekbones and a strong jawline.

I would’ve looked handsome if not for the wolf ears protruding from underneath my thick hair. The fang-like canine teeth that appeared whenever I got angry was just the cherry on top of the pudding.

Behold, freak boy – the one who couldn’t decide whether he was human or dog. Ha-ha-ha, that is so funny. Really, I’m laughing. Like, really hard.

I was always picked on due to my differences and what not. The funny thing was, everyone around here were actually werewolves. I’m only a freak to them because I don’t look fully human when I’m not in wolf form. To any human that knew our secret, I wouldn’t be the only freak around here.

My shoulders sagged as I realized that I was an outsider in my own town. I walked out of my room with a scowl on my face. I guess the only good thing was that I hadn’t found my mate. I don’t think she’d want someone like me to be her mate and I also don’t think I could handle another rejection – especially from her. I mean, I wouldn’t even want me as a mate, because of how ugly I am. Whoever she was, my mate was definitely better off without me.

Everywhere I went, people stared at me. I always hid myself under my hood so I didn’t scare anyone. Even my own family was ashamed to have me. My two older brothers never treated me like a brother – to them I was a weirdo, a freak. You’d think at least my parents would stand up for me.

Wrong.

I guess it was a surprise for them when I popped out of mom’s womb with a tail and wolf ears. Due to this ‘problem’ my family never really took care of me.

Then there’s my Grandmother, who always found it despicable how they treated me and she decided to take me in. So, I’ve been living with her since I was 5 years old. On occasion, I did visit my family, but only with my grandma because: one, she forced me and two, I was never invited; this was the only way I could actually see my family, even though I didn’t really want to.