chapter 18

Leah’ POV

The bell rang signally end of school, Adrian hasn’t come back since my brash act but no matter, I will get to him one way or another. So climbing in my car I headed home, thinking of ways to get my mate back to the man I knew him to be.

I arrived home; planning to surprise Jack, he had done so much for me, cared for me and I was going to return the favor… by pranking him. Thinking evilly about my many pranks my eyes wondered to the bike in the driveway.

My baby.

As if I hadn’t been crying enough in the last few days my eyes apparently thought otherwise. The tears brushed my cheek as I stared back. I must’ve been hallucinating because all I saw was my bike, a halo above it; light shining down from the heavens and it was calling out to me.

“Jack can wait a little longer” I mumbled to myself not taking my eyes of my much neglected baby. I wiped my tears as my feet moved forward. I circled it with one finger trailing the side admiring its beauty. Not a thought later I grabbed my helmet and slipped it on, gracefully mounting my bike.

I started it up and listened to that sweet melody, “It’s been to long baby, I’m sorry I ever left you” I whispered, patting it. Making up my mind I took her for a ride, not knowing where I was going and not caring. 

Feeling the speed and adrenalin rush through my veins, the euphoria I felt was mind blowing. My ecstasy; I hadn’t paid attention to where I was going but stopped short when I realised where I was… in front of Zack’s house.

Staring at it I thought of Zack and the support he’s given me this week. I didn’t want to like him, didn’t want to care but I appreciated it and he deserved to know. I don’t think I’d be able to trust him but thanks were given when it was deserved.

 As I got pulled off my helmet I heard someone behind me. “Leah”. I turned and saw a small smile on Zack’s face. His eyes had a glint and I felt a shiver run down my spine before it was gone. Cautiously I looked at him, he looked harmless enough and I relaxed a bit. “Hi” I smiled, walking towards him. “I’ve uhh-” I trailed off when he hugged me. I awkwardly stood there before patting him on the back and backing off.

“I’m glad you’re here Leah”

“Yeah me too”

“Would you like to come in?”

“Um, no thanks, I’ve gotta go I just came to say thanks. For everything, for just being there” I trailed off and looked at him.

He stood for a moment before smiling and leaning forward, he planted a small kiss on my cheek “I’ll always be here for you Leah” and with that walked back into the house. I glanced at the house, a new thought struck me; Adrian would’ve lived here once.

Imagining a little Adrian running around the house naked made me giggle, but that soon stopped short when my vision became a bit blurry, my head started pounding and my breathing became shallow.

Gripping my bike I stared at the floor before it suddenly just stopped. I waited for the pain to come back but it didn’t. Slowly I mounted my bike and drove home at a very different speed that I used to drive here. 

As I was getting off an extreme pain shot threw my body, my head pounded and the last thing I registered before I fell unconscious was a heavenly smell of fresh fruits in the woods.

Adrian’s POV

I watched in the distance as she and Zack stood talking, my blood was boiling. I hated this. I hated not being in control of myself. It was as if I was watching my life through a mirror. Looking at someone else be me. I just wanted her away from him. I so badly wanted to overcome all these negative feelings. That’s what gave this evil part of me strength.