16~ Test The Theory "Love"

I stood frozen to the ground in my position. I didn't know what to do if a pair of red eyes were looking intensely at you.

If I ran into the party than maybe I had a chance at fighting the thing off or maybe it would result in my death bed because of my lack of speed.

But then if I didn't do anything, there was a greater chance I would be lunged at and probably teared and ripped apart into pieces. I shuttered at my thoughts.

"What are you?" I asked in a rasp dry voice. "What do you want? Huh?"

The red eyes stared at me for a few more seconds, before it's entire body was out of the shadows and into the small house lights, where I could see it more clearly.

Except, it wasn't an it but more of a him. I starting breathing again, only though slowly. I was still scared for some reason. Maybe it was the way his eyes stayed in the same color, a light red, staring striaght at me. Or maybe it was because of the way he was smiling at me with those sharp fangs exposing a reflection of pearly white fangs.

"What do you want?" I asked slowly, studying his features. The man, no, I mean the vampire guy, had light brown hair, pale skin, red scary looking eyes, along with an in shape body. The guy was really scaring me.

The vampire took steps towards me. I of course did the opposite, trying to get away from him as much as possible, walking backwards.

"What do you want!" I screamed in anger and fear. "You want my blood?" It was a question I feared for my life, but it made the most sense I could muster.

What kind of vampire stalks you at night, while you're by yourself and gives you red hungry looking eyes? Not to mention the shiny looking sharp fangs reflecting in the moon light.

The vampire just gave me a wider smile.

"I take that as a yes?" I whispered so quietly in shock.

I looked in back of me and started to run. All the while an ear piercing noise occurred in the process. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that it was my own voice. It was my way to realize the afraid feelings deep within me, coming out.

I continued to run, passing trees, bushes, branches, grass...I think I was entering a forest or something common to the idea. What made my heart skip even harder with pain was, when I looked back, it seemed my footsteps were longer and faster than the vampire running behind me. We were about 2 meters away from each other.

Was I really that fast? Or was he planning a back up plan to catch me?

The vampire only stopped after I kept running a few meter more. I hid behind a tall tree, wide enough to cover my body, out of breath and feeling weak. My ears however detected something else. I could hear a bush nearby, moving to a sound of footsteps. My breath got caught in my throat and made my mouth dry.

Was the hungry vampire already here? Was he going to tear me apart and drink me? Or was he going to do much worse than that and possibly, entertain himself to something that females could only provide? I shuttered at the thought feeling goosebumps and fearing for my life.

Next I knew I was being pressed up against the tree with a hand on my mouth. I let out a squeal of surprise and fear. Not knowing what to do next, feeling hopeless. I couldn't see the vampire's face only the red-pink eyes that were glowing.

"Candice?" it sounded like Darren's voice!

"Darren?!" I asked out loud, ecstatic to see him.

I crashed my lips over his, and immediately I became relaxed and safe. Feeling warmth all over, in his arms.

"Candy..." Darren breathed.

"Candy?" I said out loud in confusion.

"You taste like candy. It's sweet" he laughed.

I couldn't help but smile at his remark. "Not that I didnt't like the remark, but what about the vampire, Darren? He wants me dead"

"I know, Candice. That bastard is in for it. I'm gonna rip him apart, for even thinking about killing you" Darren promised.

"Just stay here until I say so. I'm gonna kill him" Darren said with reassurance.

Before I could even protest, Darren was out of my grasp in a blink of an eye. I could hear footsteps get further and farther away. Suddenly, growls then fist hitting bone made sound.

I tried to see who was winning from behind the tree trunk. But my eyes weren't so good in the dark. As far as I could see, were only fists in the air and two body figures moving like shadows in the night time light.

"Darren" went past my lips, "please be okay, please be okay..."

It felt like hours, no days, no years! Before the grunting and fighting stopped. My breath was caught between my windpipe, as I was afraid who truly won the fight. But my body it self took a quick peek behind the tree again.

"Candice!" my name was being called with victory. "It's okay now! You can come out!"

A smile immediately took control of my face as my legs ran towards Darren's direction. My arms doing the job to hold Darren closely towards me.

"I though you were hurt" I cried out. "Thank god your still fine! I hope you never..."

"Shhh, Candice. It okay, I'm fine. It only took a couple of minutes" he laughed trying to make me feel better.

"Only minutes?" I stared at him, "But it felt like years!" I burried my face into his chest, hugging him tightly.

"Why was he here though?" I asked realizing reality.

"It was a test" he replied.

"A test? For what? For who?" I asked not liking his response. Why was this happening?

"It was a test from the vampire counsel. They wanted to test the theory of love. To test if I really would kill my kind for you, to prove if I really loved you" he was saying.

Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes. He really did love me.

"And the answer was?" I asked making sure of the answer I thought.

"I love you, Candice Carlson."

"To the impossible"