4~ What Contract Am I Involved In?!

When I got out of the bathroom of course Darren was there. He was laying down on the bed I was recently on, while staring at the ceiling with his arms crossed at the back of his head.

I cleared my throat, signaling I was out of the room and watching him. He noticed me and then sat up and looked at me, like something important was on his mind.

I stared at him coldly, not liking what happened before, as I recalled how uncontrollable I was with my feelings in the bathroom. He had a bad boy smirk on his face. I wanted to laugh along but instead hid it with a fake tight, mocking, smile.

"I have to admit that was quite the turn on. Nothing but a bra and matching underwear. Aaahhh" he groaned as he closed his eyes reliving the moment with a satisfied smirk.

"Pervert, it's called a bathroom. Which means I need my privacy" I argued with him, covering my true feelings. "Besides, why were you in the bathroom?" I questioned as I squinted at him, curiously.

"I called you, but you obviously didn't answer. So I wanted to make sure you were okay for myself" he smirked again.

His smirk lasted a couple of seconds before it dropped into a tight smile as he inhaled sharply.

"I have something to talk to you about" he said serious all of a sudden.

"Of course you do. You have a lot of explaining to do!" I angrily said to him, raising my voice a little in the process.

"Come and sit here" he said getting off the bed motioning for me to sit on the bed he was once on. I gladly sat, since he was off the mattress and my legs were getting a little sore from standing so long.

I realized how serious he was about sunlight because the curtains above the windows were left down, blocking the sun's rays. He stood against the wall, standing, and kept his firm gaze upon me. He did the simplest things that made me feel hot inside.

"Talk" I said starting the conversation that probably wasn't going to end well.

"Okay, you're probably wondering what you're doing here. It's kind of complicated. You probably won't understand" he started.

"Are you inferring I'm dumb?" I asked in a threatened way.

"Of course not!" he said as he recoiled, as if I had insulted him.

"Then I don't care how twisted it is! I want to know the reason I'm here" I responded.

"Your parents had to sign a contract before you were born. The contract stated that you would belong to my family, when you became of age, because you are forever, no doubt, my soul mate" he said straight-forward.

I started laughing "Me your- FOREVER- soul mate?! - Please! - That's rich!" I said between giggles of insanity.

"Why are you against that?" he questioned curiously.

"There's no such thing as forever! Or even soulmates! Sounds like some weird, freaky, voodoo $hit ur talking about. You gotta be joking"

"Does it look like I'm joking?" he asked serious once more.

I had a feeling that this time he wasn't trying to be a comedian.

"Why did they agree to sign the stupid contract? What about my feelings?" I asked suddenly getting mad and confused.

"Candice the people you know as 'mom and dad', aren't really your parents" he said sympathetically.

"What, that can't true! How would you know? Prove it" I accused. That statement was absolutely not true. How could it be?

"That's one of the reasons why they signed the contract. Candice, you aren't entirely human, therefore that is why I know you're my soul mate. I told your birth parents that I would take care of you. They are going to be even more wealthy from now on, since they signed and agreed to the contract too" he said as he took a couple of steps towards me.

"Stay away!" I warned him. "How do you know specifically that I'm your mate? And what do you mean I am not entirely human? What are you trying to tell me?" I asked getting angrier by the minute.

My head was spinning at the sudden accusations. I could feel as if my tears wanted to push out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks, but I wouldn't let that happen, as I fought against the urge. How was it that my life was all of a sudden a lie and I couldn't see that sooner?

"Candice I can prove to you, that you undoubtedly are my soul mate" he said gazing straight into my eyes, and looking sincere.

"How?" I asked a little afraid of the answer.

"When I talked to your errr... the woman you thought was your mother... she told me you had a mark in the shape of a red tear. Right?" he asked.

"Yes" I said slowly not understanding what this meant.

He nodded and came closer to me. I let this slip because I assumed that he wanted to say something important to me.

When he was close enough, which was right in front of me, he pulled up his shirt. I was mesmerized and got a little sidetracked by his ripping muscles. Although, I subconsciously understood the point he was trying to make.

There on his ribs was a red tear mark just like mine, in the same spot I had it. I touched his mark, feeling the warmth of his skin, directly radiate onto the skin of my palm. Touching his skin made me feel butterflies everywhere around my body. I pulled my hand back away, and he pulled down his shirt.

I was amazed at how messed up my life was progressing to be. I needed more time to process these secrets about myself.

"So this proves it" he said with a wide perfect smile. "Your mine and only mine".

I was going to protest and say he had no right telling me who I was, but there was knock at the door.

"Come in" he ordered looking towards the door's direction.

A women looking like a maid came in with a large plate and some food in it.

"Sir the Miss' food is ready" she said with a smile.

"Thank you Ellie, leave it there and leave please" he said. And she did as she was told.

"Candice I have to leave for a while. While I am gone please, eat your breakfast" he plead.

"Fine" I said sternly and a little angry.

He gave me a warm smile and left my room closing the door behind him. I couldn't miss the chance to eat now, because my stomach growled in protest of not eating. So I ate. Unwillingly.