7~ To The Dance Club!

I heard a knock that had awaken me from sleep. I sat up and pulled my hair from my face back.

"Who is it?" I asked curiously.

"It's Darren"

"Come in" I replied, bitterly.

He slowly opened the door and slipped in, eyeing me nervously.

"Yes?" I asked.

He came close and sat next to me on the bed. I moved a little so there was some space between us.

"I'm you didn't hear the good news but, Jacob is engaged to someone and will be having an engagement party this night" he said smiling at me.

Really, my Jacob, getting married? I was happy for him. He deserved a great woman in his life.

"I'm happy for him. Who exactly is the lucky lady?" Finally good news was happening, as least someone was happy in their life.

"That you will not know until the wedding day" he diminished any chance I had at getting my answer after that statement.

"We're invited? Do I at least know the bride?" I ignored his retort and asked in another form of a question.

"I will not say" he shook his head, looking down as if to hold whatever was at the tip of his tongue. "Although, I will say that we are invited because a) I am the best man at the wedding and your the maid of honor. And b) I am the vampire prince after all" he said proudly, amusingly taking a bow in front of me.

"Yeah, what's up with the whole vampire prince thing?" I asked, laughing at his gesture.

"I will speak about it with you on another day. For now Martha will bring your dinner and then she will help you dress up for the party" he said walking towards the door.

"Fine, but does this count as if we are going on a date?" I asked forcing my voice to sound disappointment on the matter. Though, I was joking because who wouldn't want to go somewhere with a hot guy?

"To your dismay, yes I will be your date for the occasion we are going to" he said with a smile, sending a wink.

"Ugghhhh, why me?!" I dramatically looked at the ceiling as I said this. Pretending to talk to God.

"Gosh, I love you so much, even though your being a little dramatic" he said making a tsk sound, followed by a chuckle in response to my retort. "I'll see your beautiful face before the party!" he shouted over his shoulder and left out the door.

I love you? No other boy except Jacob and my dad, had ever said that to me. My face felt hot and my stomach turned making knots.

It probably just slipped out and he didn't even meant it. It was like a reflex word when you liked a girl and she didn't like you back. Yeah, maybe that was it. He was just a player who didn't take anything he said seriously.

As soon as I racked my brain with questions, Martha came in with my dinner, setting it on a table near by.

"Thank you, Martha" I said.

"You're welcome my princess" she said with a warm smile and left the room. She was a new maid. How many maids did Darren have? Did she just call me a princess? Why? After minutes had just passed I finished my dinner and to my surprise Martha came back in.

"Are you finish Miss?" she asked

"Ah- yes" I answered back, handing her the plate and glass.

"Your personal cosmetic lady and designer lady will come in shortly" she replied and left the room with the food ware.