12~ I'll Leave With Him

It's Darren's words from yesterday, that play and bounce around in my brain.

"It was his fault he left and I was put in this position!"

What did that even mean? Was Darren suppose to be with me against his will? Did he really care about me? I bet I was just another problem added in his eternal life.

I groaned at the thoughts that wondered in my head. I got out of bed and decided to change my clothes after showering.

I didn't care anymore. Today was the day I was going to break rules, I was going out beyond my door! My body was getting excited at the thought of leaving this room I was trapped in.

I grabbed the cold metal door knob and twisted it. To my surprise it was unlocked! My heart quickened its pace in my chest.

I walked outside to see the hallway made with wooden floor boards. I tip toed quietly across empty rooms. But my feet stopped in front of a closed door.

I could hear voices talking and footsteps walking back behind the door.

"It's going to happen, soon. I can feel it. It's gonna hurt her from the inside till it makes it's way outside of her. And she won't be able to control it. If I don't make my move I don't know what's going happen to her in the end"

It sounded like Darren's voice was in worry and stress. Was he talking about me?

My heart suddenly felt like it had turned ice cold, causing a jolt of pain to course through me. My chest began to beat fast and my breathing was unsteady too. I felt horrible. My feet walked on its own down the stairs, and out for freash air.

I couldn't stay behind a door, earsdropping. And certainly could not let anyone find out that I left my room, especially Darren.

I took a seat on a stone bench, taking in air, afraid of my heart problem. I felt really shaky. My heart beated back to pace. My head starting to spin in result.

"Candice? You alright?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Damien, but my swift movement left my head again to result in dizziness.

"Damien?" I said in merely a whisper. "I don't feel so good" I held my head in my hands.

I could feel his hand land on my shoulder for reassurance of not falling.

I tried to take deep breaths again and in a few seconds my head was okay. I looked back up at him.

"How are you now?" he asked.

"I'm better now, thanks" I smiled in reassurance.

I took a look around my surroundings, a gasp leaving my lips. It was BEAUTIFUL!

There were roses, tulips, carnations, lilies and more! There was a shape of a big heart on the ground made with flower varieties and pretty red glassy-crystal-like pebbles.

Then there were trees all over the place and a big water fountain with a statue of an angel with wings on top of the big fountain.

It was a garden that made me feel at home, indeed.

"Candice, do you have a decision on our talk last time?" he asks.

I thought for a moment. If I left, yes, Darren would worry but I would no longer cause him anymore problems. As for me, this option could mean freedom. From contracts, from family traditions and into my choices, my independence. No being owned as an object.

I nodded. "Yes" I said to confirm.

"Are you ready to go now?" he asked bowing in front of me and leaving a hand out for me to accept.

I gladly accepted, placing my hand in his. "Yes" I repeated.

He locked his bright hazel eyes with my eyes, kissing the top of my hand. Which I could still feel after his lips departed from my skin. A smile arose on his features.

He took my hand and pulled me to a standing position.

"Your wish is my command" he said placing me in his arms, bridal style.