Chapter 33

If I get any chapters done before my normal publishing times then i'll get them out earlier. Normally I do finish chapters a bit earlier, especially if I'm motivated---

~+Tord's P.O.V+~

The next few months were perfect. It was better than what I could've ever wanted in my entire life. Everything just seemed to snap into place. I felt so... In control of my life... So in control I let it slip somehow. 

"Shut the fuck up with this 'I didn't think you'd love me anymore' shit, Tord! We've been together for months and we're more than halfway through the school year. You should've known what you could and couldn't tell me!" Edd yelled, tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"I didn't want to get my family tracked down and killed, Edd!" I yelled back, narrowing my eyes. 

"Oh, so your family is more important then me now?"

"My family is related to me and actually accepts me for who I am! Unlike a certain asshole who doesn't even care about his own parents."

"Accepts you for who you are? You mean they accept you for being a complete ass who can't even tell his boyfriend the truth!?"

"You're not accepting the truth right now! You don't even know me anymore!"

Edd was crying at this point. I didn't even feel the slightest bit of guilt. 

"I thought I knew you! Instead, it just took a single text to tell me that the one person I loved wasn't more than a greedy jerk who just wanted to feel better about himself!"

"I'm not greedy! Can't you see that you've been told lies? Wake up and smell the roses!"

Edd laughed, "Oh! So you're just telling me that this is all a joke? Great! Let's go back to the way it was before! I'd sure love to live a complete fucking lie again!"

"Yes, because everything that Tom says is true...!" I retorted, sarcasm coating my every word.

Edd ripped the band-aid that was covering my birthmark off my cheek. He just smiled, tears still dripping down his cheeks. He opened his mouth and spoke two words that made my heart snap in two. 

"We're done."

I froze for a second, not knowing what to say. I felt all my strength leave me, and tears started to escape my eyes. I wanted to hug him and tell him that I was sorry. I wanted to cuddle up next to him and wipe the tears off his face and give him a kiss and tell him how much I loved him.

But at the same time, I didn't.

"Fine." I replied, coldly. Edd turned around, not looking at me. I shook my head and walked out, slamming the door behind me. I pulled my hoodie over my head, trying to hide my tears before rushing down the stairs and outside into the night. Already, I knew people were staring at me, and a few people asked what was wrong. I didn't reply and just rushed out of sight behind the dorm building. 

The scent of smoke lingered behind the building, since it was where I had been not too long before our argument. I sat down and brought my knees to my chest, sobbing my eyes out. Right now, I didn't care about how this could affect my social life. I just wanted Edd, the one person who actually loved me...
At least, that was what I had thought. 
Instead, he was just another lover who loved me until a single person ratted out on me and said just one fucking thing to mess it all up. 

My mind spiraled deeper into thought, to the point where I was too distracted to even cry.  All I could hear was the leaves of the trees gently clashing together and the sound of the wind. Nothing was breaking me out of thought. My brain couldn't take much more. 
The next thing I heard didn't help.

Screaming.

My whole body instinctively jolted up. It took a second to register what I was hearing. 
Edd.

My heart was pounding as I ran inside, rushing up the stairs to the top floor. My breathing was getting a bit off, and my body was growing tired quickly. But just the mere thought of Edd being seriously injured or- No. I couldn't even let myself think of it. When I reached our dorm, there were people crowding around the door, wondering what had happened.

"Fuck off! This is my problem, and if any of you guys even try to do as much as peak in here, I can assure you you'll have a date with death tonight," I snarled. Everyone backed off, giving me space. They knew I wasn't joking, and I sure wasn't fucking around.  I shoved my hand in my pocket, struggling to dig up my keys. The second I felt the cold metal, I pulled it out, struggling to fit the key in the slot as fast as I could while panicking.

Click.

I swung open the door. 

No matter how hard I tried, I knew I could never un-see what I had just seen. 

Red. Blood. 

My eyes landed on an unmoving body laying on my bed. A green-hooded boy who I had called my boyfriend was laying there, a knife lodged into his side. I rushed over to the body, shaking it and getting no response.

"This can't be real.." I whispered to myself, drastically shaking the body. 

"E-Edd, this isn't funny.. Wake up... Edd...!" I shouted, shaking the body more. Falling to my knees, I stopped shaking him. The wind blowing through the window ruffled his hoodie, almost making it look like he was still alive and breathing.

Wait.. The window wasn't open when I left...

I turned toward the window. A message was written on the wall.

Let's finish this at the nightclub, commie.