Chapter 2

~+Tom's P.O.V+~

   The last day of vacation before college should be a day to rest and prepare for some of the biggest days of your life.

   But no... I HAVE to show some new kid around the school. Everyone who had gone to the high school knew their way around the college campus, as the high school and college were run by the same people, and they were even practically across the street from each other.

   An alarm on my phone beeped.

   "Well, time to head to school and show that new kid around," I muttered to myself, getting dressed and heading towards the door

   From what I'd heard from the school, the new kid had moved from Norway in order to go to this school. They were supposed to be dropped off last night, so they'd at least be rested up and all.

   As I slammed the door to my hotel room and headed outside, I realized it would take a lot longer to get to school than usual. Probably because I had to walk rather than having my Dad drive. My parents didn't really want me to drive yet, even though I could've technically started trying to get a driver's license when I was 16. But hey, almost nobody's parents let their kids drive until they left for college in this town. It was weird, since normally the parents here didn't give a crap about what their kids did. 

  I snapped out of my thoughts as I arrived at the school's gates. They were open already, so the new kid was probably already there.

 I turned to my left, and, upon doing so, I spotted someone. They were slightly taller than me, maybe by a few inches or so. I was kind of short, so most people were taller than me. Their hairstyle was actually quite unique. It consisted of their somewhat pale brown hair quickly flicking up into what looked like horns. I knew that people's hair could naturally flick up like that, as my hair spiked straight up. 

  "Hei, I mean..." He stopped, seeming to be trying to think of what to say. He bit his lip for a second, before speaking again, "Hello, my name is Tord. Nice to meet you. Sorry about that, I'm not too good at speaking English"

  The one thing that stood out to me was his name. It sounded familiar, like my parents told me something about it..

 But let me tell you, whenever I'm suspicious, I'm pretty damn determined to figure out what seems so suspicious. I scanned him up and down. Nothing seemed too suspicious. Besides that band-aid on his cheek. Normally, people would say I'm over-thinking, and they'd say, "Well, he probably just got a cut on his cheek!" Well, what if he's actually-

  "Um, hello..?" Tord spoke up, waving a hand in front of my face and snapping me out of my thoughts.

  "Oh, I'm Tom," I finally said, shaking his hand and snapping out of my thoughts.

  "Daydreamer much..." Tord murmured under his breath.

  "No, just.. thinking.... By the way, what-"

  "So, why is this school so good that I had to move all the way out here?" 

  "You'll see. Your parents probably didn't tell you, I'm assuming."

Tord looked confused as I said this. I just chuckled, smiling.

  "I'll lead you around school, okay?" I said, leading him inside.

****

  I asked him questions, but nothing seemed to be what anyone could deem 'suspicious'. This just got me frustrated with myself, and I might've gotten a bit too nosy and rude. I knew that at this point, I'd lost my chance of possibly forming a friendship with him, which could've been good ways to pry information out of him. Then I thought...

What if I was wrong..? And I was just overthinking things.

  But...I'm never wrong. Mom and Dad always say I'm always right.

  My friends say I'm never wrong.

  All of my 'followers' say I'm never wrong.

  And I'll make sure I'm not wrong, even if I have to lie

------------------------------------------

Ouch I spent longer on this chapter than I should've, and it's too short imo. I literally have a rule for myself where each chapter has to be at least 500 words minimum- Which isn't really even that long of a chapter, but that's just my opinion-